New Delhi: The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in the last minute today extended the deadline for filling the filing Income Tax Returns (ITRs) and linking Aadhaar with the Permanent Account Number (PAN) of taxpayers.
Government Notification below
To facilitate ease of compliance by the taxpayers, CBDT has extended the date in the following cases:-
- Aadhaar was to be linked with PAN by 31st August, 2017. The date for linking Aadhaar with PAN has been extended till 31st December, 2017;
- The ‘due-date’ for filing Income Tax Returns and various reports of audit prescribed under the Income-tax Act,1961 has been extended from 30th September, 2017 to 31st October, 2017 for all taxpayers who were liable to file their Income Tax Returns by 30th September, 2017.
The CBDt has earliar issued a statement saying the dates have been increased on complaints from some taxpayers as they were not able to log on to the e-filling website of the income tax department.
Earlier the last date of actual linking of the PAN with Aadhaar was August 31, 2017 and it was cautioned that the ITR will not be processed until the linkage of Aadhaar with PAN number.
Aadhaar was to be linked with PAN by 31st August, 2017. Date for linking Aadhaar with PAN has been extended till 31st December, 2017.— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) August 31, 2017
CBDT extends date for— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) August 31, 2017
(a) Linking of Aadhaar with PAN and (b) Due date for filing Income Tax Returns and Tax Audit Reports.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake news promoted by Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir against India is shameful
- Did Rahul Gandhi go blank when asked about his experience at Kailash Mansarovar?
- SreeShanth is Using Mobile Phone in Biggboss House ?
- Did Modi Govt Chose Ambani For Rafale Deal, Prez Hollande
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)