New Delhi: Ministry of Tourism estimates monthly Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) through tourism in India, both in rupee and dollar terms based on the credit data of Travel Head from Balance of Payments of RBI.
The highlights of the estimates of FEEs from tourism in India for July 2017 and Jan-July 2017 are as below:
Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) through tourism (in Rs. terms)
- FEEs during the month of July 2017 were Rs. 14,986 crore as compared to Rs.14,285 crore in June 2016 and Rs. 11,982 crore in July 2015.
- The growth rate in FEEs in rupee terms in July 2017 over July 2016 was 4.9% compared to growth of 19.2% in July 2016 over July 2015.
- FEEs during the period January- July 2017 were Rs.1,02,082 crore registering a growth of 17.3% over same period of previous year. The FEEs during January-July 2016 were Rs. 87,034 and registered a growth of 14.5% over January- July, 2015.
Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) through tourism (in US $ terms)
- FEEs in US$ terms during the month of July 2017 were US$ 2.325 billion as compared to FEEs of US$ 2.125 billion during the month of July 2016 and US$ 1.884 billion in July 2015.
- The growth rate in FEEs in US$ terms in July 2017 over July 2016 was 9.4% compared to a positive growth of 12.8% in July 2016 over July 2015.
- FEEs during the period January-July 2017 were US$ 15.555 billion registering a growth of 20.2% over same period of previous year. The FEEs during January-July 2016 were US$ 12.943 billion and registered a growth of 7.1% over January- July 2015.
Note: Estimates of FEEs are based on following factors:-
(i) Per capita FEEs during July-September 2016= RBI’s credit figure for travel (July-Sep 16)/FTAs (July-Sep 16)
(ii) FTAs for July 2017.
(iii) Inflation factor based on CPI (U) for July 2017.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Reporter Gauri Lankesh Killer Identified Akbar Ali – Fact Check
- Did Britney Spears prayed God asking forgiveness, Illuminati
- Women died after inhaling perfume, Glen Eagles Hospital
- Fake Paytm Mega Cash Reward offer, win 1000 paytm cash free spam
Note:Please like and share our page, so that we can improve further.
Please give your feedback in the below comments.