New Delhi, April 27: One of the most handsome and loved hero in the old generation of actor Vinod Khanna died today after a prolonged illness on 27th April 2017.
Common Known facts
Born on October 5,1945 – April 27, 2017.
Acted in 141 films between 1968 and 2013
Debut in films: 1968
1982-1986: left films to pursue a spiritual path with Osho
Debut in politics: 1988
Elected MP from Gurdaspur, Punjab in 1998, 1999, 2004 and 2014
Today when the news of Vinod Khanna death broke out, bollywood fraternities, fans, media and everyone who knew Vinod Khanna was left shocked.
Vinod Khanna was born in a Punjabi family to Kamla and Kishanchand Khanna, a textiles, dyes and chemicals businessman, in 5th October, 1945, in Peshawar, British India (now in Pakistan), and his family moved to Bombay when India was partitioned.
Vinod Khanna ruled the 70 mm screen for over two decades, He looked like an attractive hero on screen but was a saint off-screen, who left everything for Osho. Vinod Khanna decided to leave Indian cinema at the peak of his career in 1982 and joined OSHO as his gardener. Khanna had left Bollywood, and also his family for Osho. He was a hardcore follower of Rajneesh. He followed Osho to United States and stayed there to serve as his gardener, watering plants and singing songs to them. He stayed is US from 1982-1986.
Khanna entered politics in 1988 and was elected as MP from Gurdaspur, Punjab in 1998, 1999, 2004 and 2014 and won the hearts even in politics as well.
Considered to be one of the best looking actors in Bollywood, Vinod Khanna became popular with the audience and featured in innumerable lead roles. His love for spirituality soon made him lose his superstardom to Amitabh Bachchan. It is often said that had Vinod Khanna not quit the film industry, he would have been a bigger star than Amitabh Bachchan.
Less Known Facts of Vinod Khanna
- He made quite an impression as a scowling dacoit in many flicks, before he was famous for his police roles.
A villain-turned-hero, He debuted in Sunil Dutt’s 1968 film Man Ka Meet as a villain. He also acted in similar films such as Purab Aur Paschim, Sachaa Jhutha, Mastana in 1970 and Mera Gaon Mera Desh and Elaan in 1971.
- Vinod Khanna got his major opportunity to expand his repertoire when Gulzar noticed his ability to meld with brute force with emotional vulnerability and cast him in leading roles in Mere Apne (1972) and Achanak (1973).
- From 1971-1982, he acted in 47 films like Ek Aur Ek Gyarah, Hera Pheri, Khoon Pasina, Amar Akbar Anthony, Parvarish, Zameer, and Muqaddar Ka Sikandar.
- Khanna got the Qurbani role in 1980, when Amitabh Bachchan refused it. The movie later became the highest-grossing film of that year.
- He was the first Bollywood hero to retire from the movies at the peak of his carrier.
- His search for spiritual satisfaction took him to Osho.
- He became a disciple of Osho in 1975 and in the early 1980s, he shifted to Rajneeshpuram in the US.
- He joined the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) in 1997.
- He proved his mettle in politics too. He represented Punjab’s Gurdas Parliamentary as a MP from 1998, 1999, 2004 and 2014. He also became the Minister of State for External Affairs in the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government led by former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Do Skincare Products Get Absorbed Into Your Bloodstream: Fact check
- Must know Heart Attack warnings a month before someone get it
- Video: Chinese soldiers stone pelting and punching with Indian Army in Ladakh
- Hello is name of Girlfriend of Graham Bell – Inventor of Telephone
Note:Please like and share our page, so that we can improve further.
Please give your feedback in the below comments.