New Delhi: Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, will dedicate to the nation, India’s longest road tunnel – the 9 kilometre long “Chenani – Nashri Tunnel” – on April 2nd, 2017 to the Nation.
The tunnel on NH-44 which connects Jammu with Srinagar and will reduce travel time between the two cities by upto two hours. It is a great achievement as it it reduces the distance by 31 kilometres, bypassing snow-bound upper reaches. The estimated daily fuel savings are to the tune of Rs. 27 lakhs.
It will also avoid large scale deforestation and tree-cutting, the tunnel will provide a safe, all-weather route to commuters travelling from Jammu and Udhampur, to Ramban, Banihal and Srinagar.
The tunnel is equipped with world-class security systems, and is expected to boost tourism and economic activities in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The important Features of the tunnel are
• It is a single-tube bi-directional tunnel, with a 9.35 metre carriageway, and a vertical clearance of 5 metres.
• There is also a parallel escape tunnel, with “Cross Passages” connecting to the main tunnel at intervals of 300 metres.
• It also has smart features such as an Integrated Traffic Control System; Surveillance, Ventilation and Broadcast Systems; Fire Fighting System; and SOS call-boxes at every 150 metres.
• The project has been completed at a cost of over Rs. 2500 crore
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Women walking naked in the mall
- Fact Check: Did Paris Hilton invent the selfie?
- Vampire Mercy Brown Body Coffin opened Blood found in her Heart – Fact Check
- Fact Check: Anti whatsapp tablet for men, women is it real or fake?
Note:Please like and share our page, so that we can improve further.
Please give your feedback in the below comments.