New Delhi: Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, will dedicate to the nation, India’s longest road tunnel – the 9 kilometre long “Chenani – Nashri Tunnel” – on April 2nd, 2017 to the Nation.
The tunnel on NH-44 which connects Jammu with Srinagar and will reduce travel time between the two cities by upto two hours. It is a great achievement as it it reduces the distance by 31 kilometres, bypassing snow-bound upper reaches. The estimated daily fuel savings are to the tune of Rs. 27 lakhs.
It will also avoid large scale deforestation and tree-cutting, the tunnel will provide a safe, all-weather route to commuters travelling from Jammu and Udhampur, to Ramban, Banihal and Srinagar.
The tunnel is equipped with world-class security systems, and is expected to boost tourism and economic activities in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The important Features of the tunnel are
• It is a single-tube bi-directional tunnel, with a 9.35 metre carriageway, and a vertical clearance of 5 metres.
• There is also a parallel escape tunnel, with “Cross Passages” connecting to the main tunnel at intervals of 300 metres.
• It also has smart features such as an Integrated Traffic Control System; Surveillance, Ventilation and Broadcast Systems; Fire Fighting System; and SOS call-boxes at every 150 metres.
• The project has been completed at a cost of over Rs. 2500 crore
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Muslim Man buried his wife, infant baby, 8 years old daughter
- Did Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone died of a prostate cancer?
- Another PNB-Like Scam! Rotomac Pens Owner Vikram Kothari
- This video of a shivering, abandoned puppy went viral
Note: Don't forget to share and like ayupp.com on facebook, twitter for latest on viral news updates.
The world is full of fake news, we at ayupp apart from our daily work, take time out to do some fact check verification, so that the news media and social media is clean of fake information, please help us, share this news.