Hyderabad, Sriharikota: The Indian Space Agency, ISRO today launched the heaviest GSAT-19, today on Monday (June 5th), it is the most heavy rocket communications satellite. According to the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), GSLV Mark 3 (GSLV-MK3) rocket was released at 5.28 pm today. This rocket is capable of lifting four tons of weight till the Geographical Transfer Orbit (GTO).
ISRO's Most Powerful Satellite Launch Vehicle GSLV Mark 3D-1 took the first flight on Monday. Its weight is equal to 200 elephants. It was dropped from Satish Dhawan Space Center in Andhra Pradesh. Rocket delivered the country's heaviest communication satellite GSAT-19, equal to an elephant, to a space orbit in 16 minutes. This will help to expedite the beginning of high speed internet in India in the coming years in India.
ISRO said that in the coming days, the new GSLV rocket can allow people to travel to space. Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee congratulated ISRO on the success of this historic mission.
Know everything about the Jumbo India mission
1) What is this mission?
- ISRO's most powerful Satellite Launch Vehicle GSLV Mark 3D-1 took the first flight. It can carry with it the most massive communication satellite GSAT-19 (weight 3136 kg) in the space.
2) What is GSAT-19?
- GSAT-19 is the largest satellite in the country. Modern Plane Technology has been used in this. It is equipped with Heat Pipe, Fiber Optic Gyro, Micro-Mechanical Systems Accelerometer, Ku-band TTC transponder and lithium ion battery. About 300 crores have been spent on the manufacture of this satellite.
3) What are the benefits of Communication Satellite?
- In the few years the internet speed will increase in the country. The fastest live streaming will be available. Where there is no fiber optical network, there will be benefit.
- With the launch of GSAT-19 and GSAT-11 communication satellites, Digital India will be strengthened.
4) What is GSLV?
- GSLV is a satellite launch vehicle of ISRO. Whose name is Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle? ISRO has developed this rocket. Through this, 11 satellite has been sent in space since 2001. The last flight was launched on May 5, 2017, and then it took GSAT-9 with it.
5) What is the specialty of GSLV Mark 3?
- Launching of GSLV Mark 3 is being seen as a major changes in space technology. Now India will be able to launch large and heavy satellites without having the dependency on other countries. It can carry satellites weighing up to 4 tons in space. Its capacity is twice the capacity of two tons of existing GSLV Mark 2.
- Has a strength to carry 8 tons of weight to the low-altitude orbit of the earth. That is enough to carry the crew of India. ISRO has already made plans to send 2 to 3 members in space. For this India is waiting for $ 4 billion funding.
6) Why is it being said that Fat Boy Satellite?
- The weight of GSLV Mark 3 is 630 tonnes, which is equivalent to 200 elephants (one elephant - about 3 tons). The height is about 42 meters. It weighs equal to 5 full Boeing jumbo aircraft or 200 elephants. That is why it is being called Fat Boy Satellite. 160 crores have been spent in making this.
7) What is the record of ISRO in rocket launching?
- This mission will not be easy for ISRO. India's record in the first rocket launch has not been particularly good. ISRO's PSLV failed in the first launch in 1993. Since then, its 39 launch has been successful so far.
- GSLV Mk-1 also failed in its first launch in 2001. From then on till now 11 have been launched, half of which have been successful.
8) How will this benefit India?
- GSLV Mark 3 success has given India hope of sending a person to space which can be completed soon. This jumbo rocket of ISRO have the capability to take people into space. ISRO's Cheyman AS Kiran Kumar had said that in the 10 years India had more than 6 successful launch.
9) Who was the first astronaut from India?
- The first person from India to go to space was Rakesh Sharma. Who flew during the mission of the Soviet Union on April 2, 1984. Sharma was the pilot of the Indian Air Force.
10) GSAT-11 will also be released this year
- ISRO Chairman Kiran Kumar told that after GSAT-19, GSAT-11 will also be launched. These two satellites are considered a big game changer. Their launch will be a very important step towards Digital India. With these high speed Internet service providers, they will play a vital role in making communication more effective.You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Do Skincare Products Get Absorbed Into Your Bloodstream: Fact check
- Must know Heart Attack warnings a month before someone get it
- Video: Chinese soldiers stone pelting and punching with Indian Army in Ladakh
- Hello is name of Girlfriend of Graham Bell – Inventor of Telephone
Note:Please like and share our page, so that we can improve further.
Please give your feedback in the below comments.