New Delhi: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurating the 9.2 km long Chenani-Nashri Tunnel, in Jammu Kashmir on April 02, 2017. The Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Shri N.N. Vohra, the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Shipping, Shri Nitin Gadkari, the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, Ms. Mehbooba Mufti and the Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh are also seen.
The tunnel on NH-44 which connects Jammu with Srinagar and will reduce travel time between the two cities by upto two hours. It is a great achievement as it it reduces the distance by 31 kilometres, bypassing snow-bound upper reaches. The estimated daily fuel savings are to the tune of Rs. 27 lakhs.
It will also avoid large scale deforestation and tree-cutting, the tunnel will provide a safe, all-weather route to commuters travelling from Jammu and Udhampur, to Ramban, Banihal and Srinagar.
The tunnel is equipped with world-class security systems, and is expected to boost tourism and economic activities in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The important Features of the tunnel are
• It is a single-tube bi-directional tunnel, with a 9.35 metre carriageway, and a vertical clearance of 5 metres.
• There is also a parallel escape tunnel, with “Cross Passages” connecting to the main tunnel at intervals of 300 metres.
• It also has smart features such as an Integrated Traffic Control System; Surveillance, Ventilation and Broadcast Systems; Fire Fighting System; and SOS call-boxes at every 150 metres.
• The project has been completed at a cost of over Rs. 2500 crore
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fact Check: Did Trump Demands Canadian Border Wall After Mexico Wall
- Fake image of Girl beaten in BHU – Actual Demands by Students - Fact Check
- Fact Check: Will Iowa EBT to discontinue Soda and Candy On Oct. 1st
- Fact check: Did Muslim NFL Owner who Protested Has Ties To ISIS
Note:Please like and share our page, so that we can improve further.
Please give your feedback in the below comments.