New Delhi: Every political party wants to have their President candidate. However in this race though neither the BJP-led NDA, nor the Congress and other parties have yet revealed who they are going to pick as their presidential candidate. There are already certain names doing rounds in the political circle.
The Congress and BJP had said that they would be having a consensus candidate, but both the sides have their own terms and conditions.
On Friday, two BJP leaders namely, Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu met the Congress president Sonia Gandhi in order to discuss for the presidential polls.
However, none of the sides hinted any names during the meeting, making the India’s presidential election a Dark secret. Not single names have been come out by any of the political parties.
There are many strong names which can be discussed by the politicians in the coming days. Here are the few names:
- Sushma Swaraj: In the top list is the name of The External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj as the NDA’s pick for the top constitutional post. She is quite famous for her Twitter activeness; Sushma Swaraj is a good orator and loved by all the people of India for her work.
- Draupadi Murmu: She is Currently the Governor of Jharkhand. 59-year-old Murmu can be NDA’s choice for the position. If picked and elected she will be the India’s first tribal woman to become the President of India. Murmu was a minister in the Naveen Patnaik government in Odisha when there was BJP-BJD alliance.
- Lal Krishna Advani: Lal Krishna Advani, born on 8 November 1927 known as L. K. Advani is an Indian politician and a senior leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Advani served as Minister of Home Affairs in the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance government from 1998 to 2004. Additionally, he served as 7th Deputy Prime Minister of India from 2002 to 2004 under Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He was the Leader of the Opposition in the 10th Lok Sabha and 14th Lok Sabha. Advani began his political career as a volunteer of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, a right-wing Hindu nationalist organisation. In 2015 he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, India's second highest civilian honor.
- Sumitra Mahajan: She is presently the Lok Sabha speaker. Sumitra Mahajan is MP from Madhya Pradesh’s Indore constituency. Sumitra Jayant Mahajan (Marathi: सुमित्रा महाजन) (born 12 April 1943) is an Indian politician who is the Speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha. She belongs to Bharatiya Janata Party. In 2014, she got elected to the Lok Sabha for the eighth time, one of three members of the 16th Lok Sabha to do so, and is currently the longest-serving woman member. She has represented the Indore constituency of Madhya Pradesh since 1989. She served for a time as a Union Minister. She was minister from 2002 to 2004, holding the portfolios for Human Resources, Communications and Petroleum. She is the eldest and senior most among woman Members of Parliament in the 16th Lok Sabha. She is the second woman after Meira Kumar to be elected as the Speaker of the Lok Sabha. An active parliamentarian, she not only headed important committees, but has also been a keen debater and avid questioner in the house.
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi: Former Governor of West Bengal and Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson Gopalkrishna Gandhi could be the Congress-led opposition’s choice for the President’s post. Arch rivals in West Bengal’s politics, Trinamool Congress and CPM, had also supported Gandhi’s name. Gopalkrishna, son of Devdas Gandhi, was a former civil servant, who had served as India’s Ambassador to South Africa and some other countries.
- Sreedharan: Former chief of the Delhi Metro also known as The Metro Man. E. Sreedharan’s name has also emerged as a possible NDA nominee for the top post of President. Although Sreedharana’s had denied such reports, still his name is there.
- MS Swaminathan: He is known for his role in India’s Green Revolution. His name has been suggested by the BJP ally in Maharashtra, Shiv Sena, However it is un-likely that BJP will be accepting the Nominee from Shiv Sena.
- Sharad Yadav: Sharad Yadav is a politician from the Janata Dal (United) party. He is current representing the state of Bihar in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament. He has been elected to Lok Sabha seven times and to Rajya Sabha twice. He has been the national president of Janata Dal (United) since its formation.
- Parkash Singh Badal: Parkash Singh Badal (born 8 December 1927) is an Indian politician who was Chief Minister of Punjab state from 1970 to 1971, from 1977 to 1980, from 1997 to 2002, and from 2007 to 2017. He is also the patron of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), a Sikh-centered regional political party. He was the president of the party from 1995 to 2008, when he was replaced by his son Sukhbir Singh Badal. As the patron of SAD he exercises a strong influence on the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee, and is generally regarded as one of the most powerful Sikh leaders worldwide. The Government of India awarded him the second-highest civilian award, Padma Vibhushan, in 2015.
- Meira Kumar: Meira Kumar is an Indian politician and a five time Member of Parliament. She was elected unopposed as the first woman Speaker of Lok Sabha and served from 2009 to 2014. She is a lawyer and a former diplomat. Prior to being a member of the 15th Lok Sabha, she has been elected earlier to the 8th, 11th, 12th and 14th Lok Sabha. She served as a Cabinet Minister in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of Manmohan Singh's Congress led Government (2004–2009).
- Rajinikanth: South Indian superstar Rajinikanth’s name was also reportedly discussed for the president’s post by some NDA allies. Earlier, there were reports of him being joining BJP also. The BJP wanted to project him as the party’s face in Tamil Nadu. Shivaji Rao Gaekwad (born 12 December 1950), known by his mononymous stage name Rajinikanth, is an Indian film actor, works primarily in Tamil cinema. He began acting in plays while working in the Bangalore Transport Service as a bus conductor. In 1973, he joined the Madras Film Institute to pursue a diploma in acting. Following his debut in K. Balachander's Tamil drama Apoorva Raagangal (1975), his acting career commenced with a brief phase of portraying antagonistic characters in Tamil films.
- Do Skincare Products Get Absorbed Into Your Bloodstream: Fact check
- Must know Heart Attack warnings a month before someone get it
- Video: Chinese soldiers stone pelting and punching with Indian Army in Ladakh
- Hello is name of Girlfriend of Graham Bell – Inventor of Telephone
Note:Please like and share our page, so that we can improve further.
Please give your feedback in the below comments.