Kannada to surpass german french in 30 years
eMessage made by – Deccan Herald, 1st August 2013
Confirmation by Ayupp.com – Time will decide.
Can we expect "Kannada Sahitya Parishat's" office in Germany in next30years.
Kannada will surpass German, French in 30 yrs'
In the next 30 years, Kannada will emerge as one of the Indian languages that are among the 20 most popular ones in the world, and even surpass German, French and Russian in terms of the number of people speaking it.
Ayupp Analysis – The above news was published in Deccan Herald on 1st August 2013. The news gives very clear picture with good analysis to why Kannada why surpass German and French in next 30 years. The article cited two reasons for it-
- Kannada has a long supply of feeder languages in the coastal and tribal belts and if feeder languages are cut, then it will collapse.
- Kannada literature has received the highest number of Jnanapeeth awards. This has been awarded not only in fiction and poetry, but also in philosophy.
We tried to find out where Kannada language stood in last two decades-
Kannada stood at 32nd rank. German – 10th and French – 14th.
Kannada raked 32,French 18th ad German 11th rank.
Kannada was ranked at 29. French – 15th
As per Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers
German is ranked 14th and is ranked 10th. Kannada not present in top 26.
If we believe this data then I don’t see any significant improvement in the ranking. Still there is slight improvement in rank from 32 to 29. Its difficult to say that Kannada will surpass French and German, but chances look to improve. Still we are proud of Kannada language weather the rank improves or not. From our end we should try to promote all Indian language and do our best effort to preserve them.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake news check: Kashmiri terrorists said that RSS supplied weapons and money to them
- No it is not Varanasi roads but Nanpu Bridge, Shanghai
- Yes Did Rahul Gandhi said congress is a party of Muslims
- Did anyone else see RAF flyby in London It's Coming Home is fake
Note: If you like our work, don't forget to share and like ayupp.com on facebook, twitter.