No GST on Petrol due to 57% tax benefits to Central State Government

Ayupp
Image Courtesy - Wikimedia

eRumor:
No GST Petrol due to 57% tax benefits Central State Government

eRumor made by – Internet and social media

Confirmation by Ayupp.com – REAL

More Samples – 

पेट्रोल व डीजल की कीमतों को GST के अंदर नही लाया गया है,क्यो? क्योंकि पेट्रोल व डीजल पर केंद्रीय एक्साइज कर 23℅ है व VAT  34℅ जो दोनों मिलाकर 57℅ होते है, अब अगर इन दोनों को GST के अंदर लाया जाता है तो अधिकतम टैक्स 28℅ ही लगेगा इसका मतलब पेट्रोल व डीजल की कीमतों में 40% तक की कमी हो जाएगी जिसका अधिकतम लाभ आम जनता को मिलेगा व बड़े-बड़े उधोगपति परिवारों को नुकसान होगा जो कि ये सरकार नही चाहती है व आम जनता को पीड़ित ही रखना चाहती है! कृपया इस सन्देश को ज्यादा से ज्यादा आम जनता तक पहुचाये!

If their is a win win on Tax on Tax, If the GST dissolves all other Taxes,If the Max GST slab is 28% , Why no GST on petrol and diesel ?  ( If 23% of central excise duty and 34% of state VAT which gives a total of 57% tax on hydrocarbon is under GST of tax 28% , the prices of petrol and diesel will half)

Dear Modiji, Please apply GST on Petrol too. Take the highest slab of GST i.e. 28% rather than collecting 57% taxes on it. #OneNationOneTax

Ayupp Analysis – The above news is correct that tax benefits on petrol and diesel comes around 57%. This is the reason that it has not been put under the new GST ( Goods and Simple Tax) rule. These taxes are collectively owned by central (23%) and state (34%). If government had put GST on petroleum then the taxes would have reduced to 38% and this would have brought a very big loss in the revenues earned to both the regimes.

The Financial express has written a very nice article about the same. Taxes exceed actual cost of petrol; Rs 31.20 in retail price of Rs 60.70 in Delhi is tax. Read the below article.

http://www.financialexpress.com/economy/taxes-exceed-actual-cost-of-petrol/163469/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw1ufKBRDYrqLzrY3dy88BEiQAPI_r4YOkCsKnHI0PGaRvs8sknlOJnClYtAmvYKbbDYQkLG8aAtyF8P8HAQ



You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Schools will remain closed tomorrow due to heavy rains with a link to MLA & MH Education Minister Vinod Tawde’s Tweet.
- Did Pieology fired employee who wrote Fuck The Cops on officer’s receipt
- Video Taslima Nasrin with journalist Shekhar Gupta says Owaisi is my friend
- We pay tax, faced demonetisation, GST but prices have moved NORTH
Note: Our WhatsApp Number is +91 78922 31645. it is NOT a real-time support.
Please Let us know your feedback on our viral message and Ayupp. You can also send us any Viral message or any News for verification.
Click here and Submit your message for verification