Heart attack – one of my great grand-father lost his life while sleeping. No one even came to know about it. He slept at night and never woke up. We later came to know that he suffered from Heart attack.
We have heard several people who have been attacked with Heart attack while they are sleeping. Snoring is one of the reasons which can cured.
A person in deep sleep usually snores a lot and people who sleep near him get disturbed due to this. A situation might occur during snoring is that the person stops breathing for a short duration of time. This is life threating and leads to cardiovascular problems. Such disorder is called as sleep apnea. If a person is suffering from this disorder, then he might experience halt in breathing pattern in each hour for almost 5 to 30 times during sleep. This leads to sleep disorder and the person occasionally awakes from sleep to get more air. Sleeplessness can lead to High blood pressure, arrhythmia, or even heart attack which leads to hear failure.
Globally, 17.3 million people lose their live due to cardiovascular disease. And it is expected that by 2030, this number will be more than 23.6 million. We need to take correct steps so that such issue can be prevented.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading global cause of death, accounting for 17.3 million deaths per year, a number that is expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by 2030.
Who is more affected?
Out of 5, one always suffers from mild sleep apnea. Men’s are more affected with sleep apnea than women’s. Most commonly people suffer from obstructive sleep apnea(OSA). In this condition, due to weight on the upper chest and neck leads to blocking of flow of air. OSA is usually associated to obesity and it’s termed as most important and crucial factor for heart diseases and stroke. People who sleep less might also suffer from OSA.
What happens in OSA – When a person suffers from OSA, the upper airways (consists of the pharynx and the nasal cavities), closes off because the muscles that hold it open lose tone. Due to more weight, more loss of tone occurs and it finally leads to more sleep apnea. As soon as the airways closes, breathing is paused.
One more rare type of sleep apnea is known as Central sleep Apnea(CSA). In such condition, the brain doesn’t send signals to the diaphragm to contract and expand. People snore less in this condition. It is basically associated with brain stem stroke as the brain stem is where the impulse to breathe starts from.
In short, the symptoms can be:
- Chronic and Loud snoring every night
- Snorting, Choking, or gasping while sleep
- Breathing with Pauses
- Feeling sleepless at night and waking up regularly
- Laziness during day and feeling drowsiness, even after sleeping for long time.
- Going toilet at quick intervals in night.
Prevent by listening to others while they sleep
This kind of health issue is impossible to oneself to find. If someone stays alone then life can be extremely miserable for him/her. If you have people around who snore a lot, then it’s your responsibility to take care of them. Try to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
There are some self treatment techniques –
- Quit smoking
- It’s more common in obese person. Lose weight.
- As far as possible, avoid alcohol and sleeping pills. Do yoga if you find sleeping issues.
- Morning walk and exercise is mandatory.
- Consume less caffeine and junk food. Have less food in meals. Sleep after 2 hours of eating.
- Try to sleep by keeping your mouth closed. It could be done by chewing gum of holding a pen in your mouth for almost 10 minutes before going to sleep.
- Baba Ramdev has provided excellent technique (Yoga) to get rid of snoring. If possible do it on a daily basis.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Did PM Modi drink water in the middle of the national anthem on Red Fort on August 15?
- Did Swachh Bharat Saved 3 Lakh Children as quoted by PM Modi
- Cadbury not providing Free Basket of Chocolate to celebrate 194 years
- Did Khalid made up the attack, Journo Claims Khalid Wasn’t Attacked in Video
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)