Dhanteras Puja Vidhi Lakshmi-Kuber will be kind throughout the year
Dhanteras 2021: The festival of Dhanteras is about to come before Diwali. On this day, there is a law to worship the gods of wealth Dhanvantari, Kuber and Goddess Lakshmi. Buying new things on Dhanteras is considered very auspicious. Do you know that cleaning some parts of the house before this festival is also said to be beneficial? By doing this your luck can shine with the blessings of Lord Dhanvantari.
- You may choose the temple area in your home for performing the Puja. Keep a wooden chowki adjacent to the temple in your house and cover it with a red cloth.
- Spread some rice on the right front of the chowki.
- Light an oil/ghee lamp and place it on the rice.
- Then do Dhyana(connect the inner self with God)
- Spread some rice on the surface and place idols of Goddess Lakshmi and to her left, an idol of Lord Ganesha. The layer of rice in the bottom acts as an Asana(seat). Begin with Lord Ganesha. All the offerings must be first made to Lord Ganesha.
- In case you have idols of Lord Dhanvantari and Lord Kubera, you may place them also on the chowki after spreading some rice on it as asanas for them. In case you do not have idols of Lord Kubera and Lord Dhanvantari, use two whole suparis and cover them completely with kalava (sacred thread). You may then place them as idols of these deities on the chowki.
- Invoke the deities by chanting Mantras dedicated to each of them
- Padya- (offer a drop or two of water to the Lord's feet)
- Arghya- (offer a drop or two of water to the Lord)
- Achaman- (drink water from your palm after offering it to God)