rules to travel to US
often we need to travel from one country to another but before travelling to another country like USA, we need many documents needed in that country, apart from this we also need other basic requirement we might need there.
So what are the basic rules we must remember if we want to go to USA.
Capital: Washington, DC
Religions: Protestant 52%, Roman Catholic 24%, Mormon 2%, Jewish 1%, Muslim 1%, other 10%, none 10% (2002 est.)
Government: Constitution-based federal republic
Language; They don’t have any official language but English is mostly spoken.
- Passport and Visa:- Every person wanting to travel to USA needs a valid visa and passport issued by a U.S. Consular Official. The passport should be valid for the proposed duration of stay in USA. US immigration would accept British passports extended 1 year by British embassies.
- Visa Waiver Programme (VWP):- Visa waiver programme allows many nationals from some other country to enter US without visa. This is under limited conditions, with limited number of days. Mostly British citizen passport holders to visits the US for upto 90 days. This is mostly allowed under tourism and certain types of business visits and transit to another country (check with US customs further on this for more details).
- Bringing certain medicines into USA:- US have restricted on certain import of drugs into US. Check for those which are prohibited before entering USA (check with US customs further on this for more details).
- Travelling with a child:- If a child below 18 months is travelling with a single person, he/she may be asked t provide certain documents for the identity (check with US customs further on this for more details).
- Tipping at restaurants:- In US tipping is a important part of being at a restaurants or bar, not tipping is considered as a very bad.
- Laughing and basic hygienic habits: - Americans consider to laugh loudly and openly especially worth open mouth. Most people around other country laugh on some really serious joke. Americans consider coughing, yawning or eating with open mouth impolite and bad.
- Putting hands in pocket while talking;- this is one of awkward conditions which Americans don’t consider as good i.e. putting your hands in pocket while speaking or talking to someone.
- Time: Americans believe in punctionality. Most of people across the world don’t believe in this because of laziness. So being in America respect for others time and maintain the punctionality.