The truth behind news about fake Chinese eggs in India
Artificial Eggs or Chinese fake eggs, Dec 30: Who can forget the famous National Egg Coordination Committee (NECC) slogan “Sunday ho ya Monday, roz khao ande". We have been hearing this slogan from our childhood onwards.
Once again the news of fake news is in the media and now in India. The news of fake eggs first started long time back in 2009 from china. The Chhattisgarh, Kerala government is serious about the fake egg news recently.
The above lines mean that, you should eat egg every day; however we would suggest you to be careful while you eat egg. Eating egg is indeed good for health, but ever since the rumors of fake imported egg have come from china, it is assumed that eggs can no more be beneficial for you health. All over the World, It is common perception that china can produce or replicate anything and at cheap rate using the cheapest resources available on earth. This news related to Chinese eggs has spread like a virus in India and it is a matter of concern for parents as well.
As per the rumors on social media, fake eggs are being sent to India from China, which contain chemicals that are harmful to health. The news about the fake eggs is selling like the fake eggs in India.
As per the rumors, the eggs contain chemical which are very deadly and severely bad for the health, especially for the young children’s. If the reports of fake eggs are correct on social media then it might be a health hazard.
Alerts in states like Chhattisgarh, Kerala
As per reports from patrika.com the Chhattisgarh government has issued an alert after reports of the Chinese eggs in the Indian market. The Central government has also issued an alert on not to be casual and takes this seriously by the Chhattisgarh government. Till now no cases of fake eggs have come up in Chhattisgarh
Thiruvananthapuram, On October 12, Health Minister KK Shylaja said a probe would be done, to find truth regarding artificial Chinese eggs reportedly making their way into certain parts of Kerala
How to detect fake eggs?
- When you touch the egg, you can find that outside the fake eggs are a bit rougher than the real egg.
- The shell of the artificial Chinese eggs are little shiner then the real eggs, but little tough to find that.
- The smell is not that like the original eggs, which have little chicken smell on it.
- One the fake eggs are broken, the egg white and the egg yolk mix quite soon.
- While frying the fake artificial eggs will spread easily, even without touching.
How the egg is made:
- Fake egg’s shell is made of calcium carbonate.
- The Egg yolk and egg white are made of sodium alginate, gelatin, alum, eatable calcium chloride and then add water and food coloring.
- First pour a set amount of sodium alginate into warm water and mix it into egg white like shape, then mix it with gelatin together with benzoic acid, alum and other chemicals to make the egg white.
- Egg yolk is just adding lemon yellow food coloring.
- Together with calcium chloride to form egg mixture into the mold to produce the egg membrane.
- Egg shell is made of paraffin wax, gypsum powder, calcium carbonate and other materials.
Fake or Real:
As per the news regarding the fake Chinese Eggs, it is quite old just like the urban legends. The Authenticity is not much clear.
More Information regarding the news can be found at a link much older (http://www.chinahush.com/2009/04/24/how-to-identify-fake-chicken-eggs/)