what are smart cities, what are the rules for smart cities, how smart cities are built
The term smart city cannot be exactly defined as it keeps as keeps on changing based on country ie every country cab have its own definition of smart city. As the requirement of each country, state is different. It also depends on the level of development a country or state already has.
However the concept of smart city includes providing or promoting a city infrastructure that gives its citizen a decent quality of life. In a smart city model a model is created which can be a building block to other areas of the city, state or any other country. So what are the smart city rules that make a smart city, but again I say it is all based on country to country wise.
The basic rules of smart city include
- Confirm electric supply
- Proper water supply with water quality and monitoring, having smart water meter and leakage identification etc i.e. inclusion of sensors which can help this to achieve.
- Waste management and good sanitation; this includes management of the waste to energy and fuel, waste to compost, treatment of waste water and recycling and reduction of waste.
- Efficient mobility and public transport: this includes smart parking, intelligent traffic management and integrated multi-model transport.
- Good IT connectivity and digitalization.
- Safety and security of each citizen, especially women, children and the elderly people.
- Health and education.
- E-governance and citizen services: this includes citizen engagement, video crime monitoring and public information and grievance redressal.
Apart from this smart city also includes skill development centers, incubation/trade facilitation centers.