Railways to go Wi-Fi for more 200 Railway station. 100 done for 2016.
Indian Railways, under the railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, seems to be modernizing day by day. He was speaking on the occasion of inauguration of 6 Wi-Fi facilities in Kannur, Ernakulam and Kollam. As per Suresh Pabhu, in almost 100 stations, Wi-Fi installations has already been done. Keeping this in mind, he said that railway wants to double this number in 2017 to 200.
While speaking at the conference he said that “More trains will also would be provided with Wi-Fi next year and the objective is to have Wi-Fi facility in all railway stations in small cities and towns. Steps were also on to construct escalators in stations”.
As per the reports, Google has already completed Wi-Fi installation’s on 100 Indian railway station. Ooty was the 100th station to get Wi-Fi. Google has plans to install high speed internet to 500 Indian railway station. This year when Sundar Pichai came to India, he gave these details to media about Google’s plan to support Modi’s Digital India campaign. As per his plans, 100 installations are done and 400 is remaining.
Since the time BJP has come to power, there has been significant development in Indian railways. Some key improvements:
- Tatkal booking has become easier as compared to earlier, when it was impossible to even open the railway site during tatkal hours.
- Toilets and cleanliness can be seen everywhere in trains.
- Regular feedback is being taken by train authorities to ensure their service is up to date.
- People can directly connect to Suresh Prabhu on Twitter. Though it’s not possible to get all issues fixed, but most of the times, people do get solution for their issues.
Its good news for Indian railways and train travellers of India. We hope that these services are really available is it is not a media gimmick.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Cadbury not providing Free Basket of Chocolate to celebrate 194 years
- Did Khalid made up the attack, Journo Claims Khalid Wasn’t Attacked in Video
- Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Girl child getting 10k Govt scheme is fake
- Did pig delivered baby with mixed features of man and pig, India
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)