20 children in BRD Medical College of Gorakhpur due to shortage of oxygen
UP, Gorakhpur: 20 children have died due to the end of oxygen at BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur, Of the dead, 10 were admitted to NNU ward and 10 Encephalitis wards. It is being told that the firm had stopped supply of oxygen due to non-payment of 69 lakh rupees. Liquid oxygen was discontinued from Thursday and today all cylinders have ended. In the Encephalitis Ward, patients used the Ambu bag for two hours.
Ambu bag, A bag valve mask, abbreviated to BVM and sometimes known by the proprietary name Ambu bag or generically as a manual resuscitator or "self-inflating bag", is a hand-held device commonly used to provide positive pressure ventilation to patients who are not breathing or not breathing adequately.
Due to the serious negligence of hospital management, 20 children lost their lives. Patients who had been given treatment for encephalitis in BRD Medical College could not get oxygen, so that 20 children were admitted to NNU ward and Encephalitis ward. On the evening of Thursday, the firm stalled the supply of liquid oxygen in the hospital on Thursday evening, due to the payment of Rs 69 lakh in the firm, which was supplied to the firm in Nehru Hospital, Medical College. Since Thursday, the supply of gas from the jumbo cylinders in the medical college is being done. Two years ago, the liquid oxygen plant was planted at the BRD Medical College. Through this, about three hundred patients, including encephalitis wards, are given oxygen through pipes.
Encephalitis patient were on the support of Ambu bag
Due to the complete overdose of oxygen at 7 o'clock on Friday morning, patients had to stay with the Ambu bag for about two hours in the encephalitis ward. Some cylinders arrive at 12 o'clock but in the encephalitis Emergency Ward the cylinders still remain. 16 cylinders are being spent in the ward number 100 of encephalitis every one and a half hours.
Information was given to the principal two days ago
Dipankar Sharma, the supplying firm, Pushpa Sales, had given the principal two days back information onstopping of supply of oxygen, on due of Rs 64 lakh. On Thursday, the center pipeline operator informed the nodal officer of Principal, SIC, HOD anesthesia, Encephalitis Ward, through the letter, that the stock of Liquid Oxygen supply was very low. Despite all this information and stoppage of oxygen supply, despite the fact that no arrangements have been made to ensure its fulfillment. The result was that many lives went at BRD Medical College till Friday morning.
In such a big event, there has been a stir in Uttar Pradesh, including Gorakhpur. Recently, on August 9, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath visited BRD Hospital in Gorakhpur. Two days later such a big accident has happened.