Hyderabad, 2013 Hyderabad blasts case: Indian Mujahideen terrorist Yasin Bhatkal was sentenced to death by the special NIA court on Monday for the February 2013 Hyderabad blast. In addition, four other militants were also sentenced to death. These include Yasin's brother Riyaz Bhatkal. However, Riyaz Bhatkal is absconding.
Who are the convicts of the Hyderabad blast 2013?
On December 13, the court convicted the five members
1. IM co-founder Mohd Ahmed Sidibapa alias Yasin Bhatkal
2. Pakistani national Zia-ur-Rahman alias Waqas
3. Asadullah Akhtar alias Haddi
4. Tahaseen Akhtar alias Monu
5. Ajaz Shaikh
The NIA special court investigating the in 2013 Hyderabad blasts convicted Tahaseen Akhtar alias Monu Yasin Bhatkal last week.
Bhatkal and Tahaseen and 5 other Mujahideen were also found guilty. According to NIA militant Riaz is still on the run. Riaz is expected to be in Nepal or Pakistan. For the Hyderabad blasts 2013, Bhatkal and Tahaseen will be punished. Total 6 people died in the Hyderabad blast.
How was the explosion carried?
- As per NIA, Riyaz Bhatkal made the arrangement of the explosive substances and directed Asadullah Akhtar and Zia-ur-Rahman at Mangalore to receive the same.
- Soon after receiving the explosive materials, Asadullah Akhtar and Waqas reached Hyderabad and joined Tahseen Akhtar, who was already hiding there, it had said.
- Later they prepared two IEDs after procuring the other required materials as well as two cycles for mounting the IEDs from Hyderabad, the agency had said.
- The accused mounted two bombs on two bicycles. They had planted them in two separate places in Dilsukhnagar, on February 21, 2013, which resulted in powerful explosions.
There was another blast in Patna whose charge sheet is still being expected.
(With inputs from http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/hyderabad-blasts-case-yasin-bhatkal-4-other-im-operatives-sentenced-to-death/articleshow/56065480.cms?)
This is the first time since the IM operative has been punished by the court.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)