New Delhi: Ministry of Tourism compiles monthly estimates of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) & FTAs on e- Tourist Visa on the basis of Nationality-wise, Port-wise data received from Bureau of Immigration (BOI).
The following are the important highlights regarding FTAs & also FTAs on e-Tourist Visa from tourism during the month of April, 2017.
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs):
- The number of FTAs in April, 2017 were 7.40 lakh as compared to FTAs of 5.99 lakh in April, 2016 and 5.42 lakh in April, 2015.
- The growth rate in FTAs in April, 2017 over April, 2016 is 23.5% compared to 10.7% in April, 2016 over April, 2015.
- FTAs during the period January- April 2017 were 35.85 lakh with a growth of 15.4%, as compared to the FTAs of 31.08 lakh with a growth of 10.1% in January- April 2016 over January- April 2015.
- The percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during April 2017 among the top 15 source countries was highest from Bangladesh (23.07%) followed by USA (10.65%), UK (10.51%), Germany (3.28%), Australia (3.15%), Malaysia (2.98%), China (2.95%), Sri Lanka (2.85%), Russian Fed. (2.78%), Canada (2.43%), France (2.33%), Japan (2.14%), Afghanistan (1.69%), Singapore (1.69%) and Nepal (1.61%).
- The percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during April 2017 among the top 15 ports was highest at Delhi Airport (29.20%) followed by Mumbai Airport (15.48%), Haridaspur Land checkpost (12.88%), Chennai Airport (6.56%), Bengaluru Airport (5.67%), Kolkata Airport (5.01%), Cochin Airport (4.06%), Gede Rail Land checkpost (2.89%), Goa Airport (2.86%), Hyderabad Airport (2.60%), Ghojadanga land checkpost (1.69%), Ahmadabad Airport (1.35%), Trivandrum (1.34%), Tiruchirapalli Airport (1.31%) and Amritsar Airport (1.23%),
Foreign Tourist Arrivals on e-Tourist Visa
- During the month of April, 2017, total of 1.14 lakh tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 0.7 lakh during the month of April 2016 registering a growth of 63.4%.
- During January- April 2017, a total of 5.82 lakh tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 3.91 lakh during January-April 2016, registering a growth of 48.8% .
- The percentage shares of top 15 source countries availing e- Tourist Visa facilities during April, 2017 were as follows:-
UK (21.6%), USA (10.2%), China (6.1%), Russian Fed (6.1%), France (5.1%), Germany (4.7%), Australia (4.0%), Canada (2.9%), Spain (2.7%), South Africa (2.7%), Korea (Rep.of) (2.6%), Thailand (2.3%), Malaysia (1.7%), Netherlands (1.7%) and Singapore (1.6%).
The percentage shares of top 15 ports in tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa during April, 2017 were as follows:
New Delhi Airport (48.6%), Mumbai Airport (20.4%), Dabolim (Goa) Airport (7.2%), Bengaluru Airport (5.4%), Chennai Airport (5.1%), Kochi Airport (3.2%), Kolkata Airport (2.3%), Amritsar Airport (2.0%),Hyderabad Airport (1.9%), Trivandrum Airport (1.3%), Ahmadabad Airport (1.0%), Tirchy Airport (0.6%), Jaipur Airport (0.5%), Calicut Airport (0.1%)and Pune Airport(0.1%) .
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake news check: Mullaperiyar Dam In Kerala About To Break
- Hundreds of rescue teams aided by more than 90 aircraft and 500 motorboats
- CBDT issues Circular on amendment of Tax Audit Report
- PM visits Kerala, reviews relief and rescue operations
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)