West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee minced no words ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes from the financial system of India on November 8.
Minutes after PM Modi made the announcement, Mamata Banerjee started a tweet storm against the decision. Here are the tweets she made on November 8.
"While I'm strongly against black money, corruption, deeply concerned about common people, small traders. How they will buy essentials tomorrow?"
"This is a financial chaos and disaster let loose on the common people of India..."
"The PM could not get back the promised black money from abroad from the rich so a drama to divert his failure..."
"I want to know from PM how my poorest brothers, sisters, who've recd their week's hard earned wage in one 500 re note will buy ata, chal, tomo?"
"Heartless and ill- conceived blow on the common people and the middle class in the fake name of anti-corruption"
"Rs 100 notes not available in banks. Without availability in market how will people, small farmrs, all employees, labourers purchase essentials."
And then she said...
It's been over a month since PM Modi made the announcement, scrapping the notes. Here's all what CM Mamata Banerjee said about the scheme, and how she attacked the BJP government at the centre and Narendra Modi:
- "I'll die or live, but will remove PM Modi from Indian politics," were Mamata Benerjee's word at a protest march against demonetisation in Kolkata
- The chief minister said the central government got "totally derailed" under Modi.
- "The PM doesn't trust anyone. There is no teamwork. He doesn't understand what is good for the country. He did not consult the experts. It is a one-man dictatorship. It is a one man-made disaster. It is a dangerous tendency,".
- "If you (the central government) are taking action black money hoarders you have our full support but what is the cause and where is the planning? What is the hidden agenda?"
- "This is not a permanent solution..India cannot survive on just plastic economy, on debit and credit cards."
- "Every country has its own mechanism. India is a democratic and secular country. In a democracy, I cannot expect that everyone will give me support... Government does not want to face the Opposition."
- "I do not know what is waiting for India...It's a big disaster. I have announced that I will tell you my plan after 72 hours. I am a small human being. We are raising our voice with whatever small jurisdiction we have. Let us work together."
- At a press conference in Kolkata, she said that she was open to joining any political movement against demonetisation if she was invited for it and she was open to have any political party join their movement against demonetisation.
- "Our protest will continue...it's good that the Opposition parties have come together in Parliament."
- "We should not play with fire because common people are our assets... The lower middle class, traders, daily wagers, housewives are the worst hit."
- "The entire country is suffering. There is no money in banks, ATMS. So far 80 people have died due to the hardships caused by demonetisation. But Narendra Modi is having a sound sleep and giving lectures on taking the country towards cashless economy."
- Hoardings of Mamata Banerjee before her rally against demonetisation in Lucknow said, 'Notebandi vaapas lo (take back demonetisation)'.
- "I am a 'chhota' leader. If everybody joins hands, it will become a mass public movement... The PM has put the common man and the 'dacoits' in the same category on the issue of demonetisation."
- "The Honourable President was kind enough to take my call. I briefed him about how common people are suffering because of demonetisation,"- she tweeted on November 13.
- During her rally against demonetisation in Lucknow, Mamata said she would continue to oppose Modi's demonitisation scheme, and dared him to arrest her.
- "It is a financial crisis in Delhi today. People are being forcefully bulldozed."
- "PM Modi has created more havoc than Hitler," she said shortly after meeting President Pranab Mukherjee.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Did Khalid made up the attack, Journo Claims Khalid Wasn’t Attacked in Video
- Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Girl child getting 10k Govt scheme is fake
- Did pig delivered baby with mixed features of man and pig, India
- Facts check: Did NDTV report terrorists death as civilians Death
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)