Bharat Bandh: The effect of the 10 trade unions What will be closed and what will be open!
India, New Delhi: India would come to a Halt on 2 sept, 2016 As 10 trade unions will call for a nationwide bandh.
The unions have claimed that this year's strike is set to the biggest with as many as 18 crore workers participating in the strike; 14 crore has participated in the strike last year.
This strike is going to affect many sectors across India, esp in
- Public transport especially those in Delhi, Hyderabad and Bengaluru
- Telecom sector, electricity, mining, defence sectors will be affected
- Government offices
- Petrol pump
- Software complanies
What will remain open on Friday:
- Indian Railways as employees are not participating in the strike
- Schools and Colleges
- Supply of essential commodities such as milk, water wil not be affected
- Medical shops will be open
Many of the software companies have already given work from home option to its employees and many have declared holidays to the employees.