New Delhi, Central Government: Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Greece.
The Agreement has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange between the two countries bringing it in tune with the developments in the civil aviation sector. It will provide enabling environment for enhanced and seamless connectivity while providing commercial opportunities to the carriers of both the sides ensuring greater safety and security.
The essential features of the ASA are as follows:
- Both countries shall be entitled to designate one or more airline.
- The designated airlines of either country shall have the right to establish offices in the territory of the other country for the promotion end sale of air services.
- The designated airlines of the two countries shall have fair and equal opportunity to operate the agreed services on specified routes.
- The designated Airline of each party can enter into cooperative marketing arrangements with the designated carriers of same party, other party and third country,
- As per the Route Schedule, the Indian carriers can operate to Athens, Thessaloniki, HerakIion and any 3 points to be specified later in Greece from points in India, whereas the carriers of Hellenic Republic can establish direct operation to 6 metros viz. New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennal. Any points shall be available as intermediate and beyond point for the designated carriers of India as well as the designated carriers of Greece.
At present there is no ASA between India and Greece. The delegations of two sides met in New Delhi on 6-7th September, 2016 and finalized the text of ASA. The agreement is as per latest International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) template keeping in view the latest developments in civil aviation sector and with an objective to improve the air connectivity between the two countries.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Supreme Court has passed an emergency verdict 10-Year Jail Term For Attack On Christians is fake
- To Target PM Modi on Ganga, Congress uses 2009 photo of Ganga river
- Video: Congress Leader Sanjay Nirupum compares Modi to Mahisasur
- Navjot Singh Sidhu likens Pakistan, than travelling to South India & Pakistan warns of 10 surgical strike
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)