AP, Vizianagaram: The total death toll have risen to 39, whereas around 67 officially got injured when the train betweenJagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Hirakhand Express derailed in Andhra Pradesh's Vizianagaram district. The incident took place on Saturday late at night..
Helpline numbers tweeted by Rail Ministry
- Rayagada BSNL Landline: 06856-223400
- Rayagada Airtel Mobiles: 07681878777
- Rayagada BSNL Mobiles: 09439741181, 09439741071
- Vizianagaram BSNL Landline: 08922-221202, 08922-221206
- Vizianagaram Rly number: 83331, 83332, 83333, 83334
The train incident occurred on Saturday night at 11.30 pm when the train was passing by the Kuneru railway station, The eecnt happened around 24 km from Rayagada in Odisha. The train was going to the Odisha capital Bhubaneswar from Jagdalpur in Chhattisgarh.
As per the media Hindustantimes, the home ministry have asked the national investigation agency (NIA) to check for the Pakistan based ISI role into the incident.
As per reports, nine coaches, a luggage van, two general compartments and two sleeper coaches,, S-8 and S-9, a second, third AC coach, a third AC coach -- and the engine derailed.
Army personnel were also deployed for the rescue work, which was in full swing and entered the final stage sill on Sunday night, however, 13 unaffected coaches left the accident site carrying 300 passengers to Bhubaneswar via Sambalpur and Angul.
As per the Officials the injured were shifted to hospitals through medical relief trains and ambulances. 22 injured were taken to the Parvathipuram government hospital, 7 injured were referred to Kin George Hospital in Visakhapatnam while 7 were discharged after first aid. Some injured were brought to the Rayagada district hospital.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed shock over the accident saying "My thoughts are with those who lost their loved ones," he said and prayed for their speedy recovery.
Many other leader also expressed their shoks similar messages came from Vice President Hamid Ansari, CM N. Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee and Naveen Patnaik and Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Ganhdi.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Driver of the DMU train Arvind Kumar has NOT committed suicide said Police commissioner
- After Allahabad, this historic city will change the name!
- Viral video showing a child's head on a plate, Rajasthan Bhilwara is magic trick
- How Many Houses have been constructed by the BJP govt Over the Years?
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)