New Delhi: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurating the 9.2 km long Chenani-Nashri Tunnel, in Jammu Kashmir on April 02, 2017. This is truly a great achievement by the government of India as it will help preserve the nature as well. Let us know some of the important facts of the India’s longest road tunnel
- It is a 9.2 km long twin-tube tunnel.
- The tunnel is located at an elevation of 1200 meters, will be India’s first tunnel to be equipped with world class integrated tunnel control system. That includes ventilation, fire control, signals, communication and electrical systems will be controlled automatically.
- This tunnel will reduce the travel time between the two state capitals of Jammu and Srinagar by two and a half hours.
- The road distance from Chenani - Nashri will come donw to 10.9 km from the existing 41 km.
- The tunnel once operational, will reduce the traffic jams on National Highway-1A which occurs during snowfall and avalanches in winter at Patnitop
- The tunnel work, is part of a 286-km-long four-lane project on the highway, started on May 23, 2011 in lower Himalayan mountain range, and cost Rs 3,720 crore.
- The trial run of this India's longest road tunnel of 9.2 km was successfully completed for peak, off peak hours between March 9 and March 15
- Travellers pocket will cost on LMV vehicle Rs 55 on one side and Rs 85 for to-and-fro journey. For a month charge of Rs 1,870, bigger vehicles like mini buses will have pay Rs 90 as one side toll and Rs 135 for to-and-fro toll.
- Trucks and Buses will have pay Rs 190 as one side toll and Rs 285 as two-side toll.
- Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS) Company has setup a fully computerised operation room for surveillance of vehicles inside the twin tubes.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Did Arvind Kejriwal celebrate his 50 birthday after Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s demise
- Did PM Modi drink water in the middle of the national anthem on Red Fort on August 15?
- Did Swachh Bharat Saved 3 Lakh Children as quoted by PM Modi
- Cadbury not providing Free Basket of Chocolate to celebrate 194 years
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)