Indian railway new catering policy 2017
Indian Railway: Prabhu further said that “them.”
New Catering Policy 2017
Mobile Units and Base Kitchens:
● IRCTC shall manage catering service on all mobile units including catering services on all new trains/ trains started on short notice. Pantry car contracts awarded by zonal railways shall also be reassigned to IRCTC.
● Meals for all mobile units will be picked up from the nominated kitchens, owned operated and managed by IRCTC. IRCTC shall develop different archetypes of kitchens keeping in view supply of food and usage assessed.
○ All four Base Kitchens under departmental operation of Zonal Railways (Nagpur, CSTM, BCT and Balharshah) and all kitchen units i.e. Refreshment Rooms at A1 and A category stations, Jan Ahaar, Cell Kitchens shall be handed over to IRCTC on ‘as is where is basis’. Besides IRCTC may set up its own Kitchens at additional stations if required.
○ Kitchen structures/ land/space will be handed over by Zonal Railways to IRCTC, for a period of 10 years extendable for another period of 5 years, on a token license fee of Re.1/- (Re. one) per sqft. p.a. subject to minimum of Rs.100/- p.a.
○ IRCTC shall develop the Business model for the kitchens so that they can expand and enhance the service.
○ IRCTC shall prepare and submit a detailed concession agreement for setting up/development of the kitchens for approval of Railway Board.
○ IRCTC shall not outrightly outsource or issue licenses for provision of catering services to private licensees.
○ IRCTC shall determine the menu of standard meals and A-la-carte items. The standard meals served in trains shall be within the fixed tariff approved by Railway Board.
● IRCTC may involve/empanel Self Help groups for providing catering related services.
● Zonal Railways will manage static units (catering/milk stalls, trolleys etc.) except base kitchens and kitchen units to be handed over to IRCTC. IRCTC shall be responsible for catering services in static unit viz., Food Plazas, Food Courts and Fast Food Units.
● Allotment of all Minor Catering units at all category of stations to be done through open tender.
● For the first time, it has been envisaged that Allotment of Special Minor Units (reserved category) at all category stations will be done through open tendering system within the similar reserved category. The technical eligibility criteria has been simplified
● Allotment of Milk Stalls at all stations shall be done through open tender system as against calling application.
● For Milk Stalls, in addition to dairy cooperative federations/members of NCDFI bodies/agencies registered/certified by FSSAI for sale of milk and milk products have been made eligible to participate at all category of stations.
● Provision of perpetual renewal has been done away with. Now it has been envisaged that tenure of all static units (except kitchen units and Food Plaza) shall be 5 years only.
● For smooth implementation of renewal, ceiling limit on holding of minor units including milk stalls, computation of units has been defined.
● 33% sub quota for women in allotment of each category of minor catering units at all category of stations has been provided.