Nagaland, Kohima: As per reports, over a thousand of Naga tribal’s have set fire to the Kohima Municipal Council office and the office of the district collector for protesting against CM TR Zeliang's refusal to meet their ultimatum which is the resignation by 4 pm.
- The Violence which started on 1st Feb in Nagaland still spreading today. The Violence moved over to Kohima today.
- The violence has started in Kohima on Thursday over the issue of reservation in the urban local bodies polls.
- It is assumed that two people have died while many others have been injured in the violence.
- The mob of the people went on a rampage, burning and vandalising government property and cars.
- The Home Ministry has sent the paramilitary and central forces to contain the law and order situation in the capital city.
- Several youths armed with machetes and spears took to the streets to protest the decision taken by the state government to hold polls on February 1, despite an earlier deal which was to postpone the election by two months.
- The Nagaland government has decided to withhold the election process to 12 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- Keeping in view the sentiments of people, and the prevailing situation, the state cabinet decided to ask the State Election Commission (SEC) to withhold the ongoing process of elections to the ULBs.
- Curfew had been imposed in the nagalands commercial capital Dimapur.
- Mobile and internet services have been blocked in the state for an indefinite period and put additional security in place.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Supreme Court has passed an emergency verdict 10-Year Jail Term For Attack On Christians is fake
- To Target PM Modi on Ganga, Congress uses 2009 photo of Ganga river
- Video: Congress Leader Sanjay Nirupum compares Modi to Mahisasur
- Navjot Singh Sidhu likens Pakistan, than travelling to South India & Pakistan warns of 10 surgical strike
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)