No Bullet train is not the only achievement of railways in 2017
New Delhi: The Indian Railways under the leadership of the present Modi government laid the foundation of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project (bullet train) in September 2017.
The government permitted m-Aadhar as one of the prescribed proofs of Identity for Rail Travel Purpose.
This was the ground-breaking achievement because there has been only talks in the recent past but work was never visible on the ground, the Bullet Train foundation was done in the presence of Prime Minister Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe.
Let us know all the achievement of the present Indian Railways in the year 2017.
- The Indian Railways started the service to provide information to passengers through Short Messaging Service (SMS) regarding status of delayed trains. The service was launched on November 3 and is available in around 250 trains.
- Extension of Scheme of Alternate Train Accommodation System aka VIKALP for the benefit of Waitlisted Passengers with effect from 1st April, 2017 in all Mail/Express trains.
- Initiatives for The Senior Citizens -Persons With Disabilities: Indian Railways launched Quota of 2 Berths for Divyangjans & Senior Citizens in AC 3 class. This is in addition to existing quota of 4 berths in SL class
- Online booking of Retiring Rooms has been commissioned at 497 railway stations of Indian Railways.
- New Catering Policy in Railways launched. 33% Sub Quota for Women in Allotment of each Category of minor Catering Units at All Category of stations has been provided under this policy. Roped in Self Help Groups To Make Local Cuisines Available Through E-Catering Services of its PSU IRCTC.
- Initiated programme for 100% LED lighting at stations leading to improved illumination and passenger safety. Completed more than 3500 stations so far with a target to cover all Railway stations by March 2018.
- Provision of mobile/laptop charging points at all railway platforms.
- A new mobile app IRCTC Rail Connect launched. Aadhar linked user IDs have been allowed to book 12 e-tickets in one month as against 6 tickets for non Aadhar user IDs.
- A new Integrated Mobile App ‘Rail SAARTHI’ launched which provides various services viz. Rail e-ticket booking, unreserved ticketing, complaint management, Clean my Coach, passenger enquiry etc.