NEW DELHI – The Election Commission announced today for the open challenge of EVM machines from June 3 onwards, stressing that the EVM’s are temper proof.
Last week the Election Commission threw down the demonstration to political parties and asked them to prove that the Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) used in the recent assembly polls can be tampered.
Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi said, addressing a press conference, that the EVM challenge will start from June 3.
Hinting at the AAP party Nasim said people who were questioning the reliability of Electronic Voting Machines have not yet submitted any proof to support their claim.
Nasim Zaidi said the replacement of the internal circuit of EVMs is not possible at all.
He further said "Our EVMs have strong technological features and are tamper-proof".
He also rubbished the Aam Aadmi Party's (AAP) claim, who said that the EVMs could be tampered with, Zaidi said no manipulation of the machines is possible.
Zaidi also said that giving moral benefit to the election process is a responsibility of all stakeholders and the Election Commission is taking all important steps in this regard.
Earlier many opposition parties like AAP, BSP, SP, Congress had claimed that the faith of people in the machines has gone away.
The BSP and AAP where more vocal and alleged that the EVM machines used in the recent assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Manipur and Punjab were tampered with and favored the BJP to win. However later, several other parties had joined the hot discussion and requested the EC to move over to paper ballots.
The Election Commission has already announced that it would ensure paper trail of voting in all upcoming elections to the Lok Sabha and state legislative assemblies by 2019
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- To Target PM Modi on Ganga, Congress uses 2009 photo of Ganga river
- Video: Congress Leader Sanjay Nirupum compares Modi to Mahisasur
- Navjot Singh Sidhu likens Pakistan, than travelling to South India & Pakistan warns of 10 surgical strike
- Facts Check: Had Sylvester Stallone passed away from prostate cancer?
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)