New Delhi: India and Japan have on Thursday signed 11 important agreements and agreed to strengthen cooperation in the India-Pacific region where China is increasing its hold.
In a joint statement issued by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Japanese counterpart, the 12th Indo-Japan annual summit has been a great success for multiple bilateral relationships being done by this two countries on Thursday.
Here is the list of agreements signed by India and Japan
- An agreement was signed between the Union Home Ministry and the Japanese government for cooperation and collaboration in the field of disaster risk management and to share experiences, knowledge and policies on disaster prevention.
- In the field of skills development, an agreement was signed to strengthen bilateral relations and cooperation in the field of Japanese language education in India.
- An agreement was signed for an India Japan Act East Forum to enhance connectivity and promote developmental projects in the northeastern region of India in an efficient and effective manner.
- Another agreement was signed between the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry to accelerate and facilitate Japanese investments in India.
- India Post and Japan Post inked an agreement to implement the commercial arrangement of "Cool EMS" service through which fresh food can be sent from Japan to India in cool boxes.
- An agreement was signed on cooperation in infrastructure development programmes in the Mandal Bechraj-Khoraj region of Gujarat.
- Another agreement envisages Indian and Japanese carriers mounting unlimited number of flights to the selected cities of each other's countries.
- To promote institutional cooperation between India's Research and Information System (RIS) think tank and Japan's Institute of Developing Economies (IDE-JETRO) and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed to strengthen the capacity of research and effectiveness of dissemination of research findings.
- Three agreements, including an MoU was signed on cooperation in the area of science and technology.
- Two more MoUs and two letters of intent were also signed in the area of sports cooperation.
- Earlier in the day, Modi and Abe participated in the ground-breaking ceremony for the Ahmedabad-Mumbai high speed rail project in Ahmedabad.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)