what are smart cities, what are the rules for smart cities, how smart cities are built
The term smart city cannot be exactly defined as it keeps as keeps on changing based on country ie every country cab have its own definition of smart city. As the requirement of each country, state is different. It also depends on the level of development a country or state already has.
However the concept of smart city includes providing or promoting a city infrastructure that gives its citizen a decent quality of life. In a smart city model a model is created which can be a building block to other areas of the city, state or any other country. So what are the smart city rules that make a smart city, but again I say it is all based on country to country wise.
The basic rules of smart city include
- Confirm electric supply
- Proper water supply with water quality and monitoring, having smart water meter and leakage identification etc i.e. inclusion of sensors which can help this to achieve.
- Waste management and good sanitation; this includes management of the waste to energy and fuel, waste to compost, treatment of waste water and recycling and reduction of waste.
- Efficient mobility and public transport: this includes smart parking, intelligent traffic management and integrated multi-model transport.
- Good IT connectivity and digitalization.
- Safety and security of each citizen, especially women, children and the elderly people.
- Health and education.
- E-governance and citizen services: this includes citizen engagement, video crime monitoring and public information and grievance redressal.
- Apart from this smart city also includes skill development centers, incubation/trade facilitation centers.
So how is smart city is going to help us as a Indian.
- Smart city build defiantly going to improve the India cities infrastructure and will also lead in the future with further improvement in the individual life.
"Today marks a historic landmark in the annals of urban development in our country as we get to know the first batch of smart cities. This announcement marks a paradigm shift in our approach to urban development in the country," as said by urban development minister Venkaiah Naidu at a press conference.
- Challenges for building the smart cities in India:- This is an innovative way devised by the government to choose the ideal candidates to transform into smart city. As part of the stage 1, all state governments were asked to short list potential smart city candidates, from which the government selected 98 cities. These candidates were asked to submit a proposal for which they get assistance from a consultant, approved by panel set up by the urban development ministry.
This is the stage 2 of the project. The proposals were evaluated by a panel of experts. Probably aimed at preempting all criticisms, the minister on Thursday time and again made it clear that there is no intervention from his ministry in the shortlisting the candidates
Which are the cities that won and are going to be the first smart cities in India are
- Bhubaneswar (Odisha)
- Pune (Maharashtra)
- Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Surat (Gujarat)
- Kochi (Kerala)
- Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
- Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh)
- Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
- Sholapur (Maharashtra)
- Davangere (Karnataka)
- Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
- New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC, Delhi)
- Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
- Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh)
- Belagavi (Karnataka)
- Udaipur (Rajasthan)
- Guwahati (Assam)
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Ludhiana (Punjab)
- and Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh).
In terms of population, these 20 cities account for 3.54 crore people.
Who will be the benificiaries..
The people of India will be the real benificiaries as more afforadable homes. Also the real estate developer will be real benificiaries.