Mumbai, Modi: The Shivaji Memorial, also called as Shiv Smarak is set to be the tallest memorial in the world soaring at the height of 192 metres when ready.
“The memorial was the dream of late leader Balasaheb Thackeray and that it was the Shiv Sena party's diligent follow up with the state government to bring the project to fruition”, said Shiv Sena the ally of the ruling BJP, while BJP said it was the party's efforts which brought the project to reality from paper.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated the grand statue of Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and laid the foundation stone for the metro rail projects during his one-day visit to Maharashtra on Saturday.
The PM Modi Today in Mumbai looked today very strict and did not fail to warn the tax evader and money hoarder and several other in the part of his speech. He said the government will not shy away from taking difficult decisions, he also favored more tax from the stock market.
Top statement from Narendra Modi today speech, The PM said in Mumbai
- Dishonest people, you should not underestimate the mood of 125 crore people. You will have to be afraid of it. He added Time has come for ruin of dishonest people and said this is a cleanliness campaign
- After 50 days, the troubles of honest people will start to reduce and the problems of dishonest people will begin to increase,
- Earlier in the day at a Sebi function, PM Modi promised more sound and prudent economic policies which would not be for short-term political point-scoring, but for larger national interests.
- This government will continue to follow sound and prudent economic policies, to ensure that we have a bright future in the long-run. We'll not take decisions for short-term political point-scoring. He further added we'll not shy away from taking difficult decisions, if those decisions are in the interest of the country
- Modi favoured increasing the tax contribution from various market participants in a fair, efficient and transparent way.
- Asking the regulators and taxmen to think about the contribution of market participants to the exchequer, The low contribution of taxes may be due to the structure of our tax laws. .
- We took a big decision against black money and corruption on November 8 and 125 crore Indians endured pain but they did not stop supporting me. Modi further added that he want to assure people of the country that this battle won't end till we win it.
- This is not a simple battle. Those who have consumed malai (cream) did not leave any stone unturned to foil this (demonetisation)., Hitting hard to parties opposing demonetisation.
- The corrupt have made all efforts to defeat the decision (of demonetisation). They even thought of managing the bank officials to get their black money converted into white. And that's how many of them got caught.
- There will be pain for 50 days ( assumed to be from 8th Nov), and people are ready to bear the pain in the country's interest.
At Patalganga, on the outskirts of Mumbai earliar today, the Prime Minister inaugurated a new campus of capital markets regulator Sebi's, National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) . The event was also attended by other functionaries of the Maharashtra government led by the chief minister and the governor, Union finance minister Arun Jaitley and Sebi chairman U K Sinha.
*Demonetisation has short-term pains, but it will bring in long-term gains.
*Those that profit from financial markets must make a fair contribution to nation-building through taxes, he said adding to it to increase it in a fair, efficient and transparent way.
* His government has brought back the economy to good health from the poor state, when it was saddled with high fiscal and current account deficits and high inflation and falling rupee, since he took over in May 2014.
*When the global economy is fighting lingering slowdown, India is being seen as a bright spot.
*Our growth is projected to remain among the highest in the world.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake news check: Mullaperiyar Dam In Kerala About To Break
- Hundreds of rescue teams aided by more than 90 aircraft and 500 motorboats
- CBDT issues Circular on amendment of Tax Audit Report
- PM visits Kerala, reviews relief and rescue operations
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)