Understand what happened in Lakhimpur Kheri village of Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh: So far 6 people have been reported dead in the accident in Lakhimpur, although officially four deaths have been confirmed so far. It is said that since eight o'clock in the morning, about 200 farmers were sitting on a dharna at the helipad built-in Benipur village of Lakhimpur Kheri. This village belongs to the Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni. It was here that Keshav Maurya's program was about to land. Due to the demonstration of the farmers, the program of the Deputy CM changed and he reached Lakhimpur via road. The accident happened while showing the black flag to the convoy of Deputy CM Keshav Maurya and Union Minister of State Ajay Mishra.
Read More on the Lakhimpur incident
- State Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya's program was scheduled for laying the foundation stone of many government schemes in Lakhimpur. Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni was also to participate in this. Ajay Mishra is a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri and is an MP from here.
- As soon as the information about the program of the Deputy CM was received, at eight o'clock in the morning, about 200 farmers reached Benipur village of Ajay Mishra Teni. Keshav Maurya's helicopter was to land here.
- The farmers opposing the three agricultural laws completely surrounded the helipad and sat in the middle. The administrative officers tried to convince the farmers for about two hours, but no one turned away.
- The Deputy CM's program was changed in a hurry and he was brought to Lakhimpur by road. Here he laid the foundation stone of many government schemes in a guest house at around 12 o'clock.
- Deputy CM addressed BJP workers at around one o'clock. After this, he left for Tikunia by road.
- A large number of farmers gathered on the streets of Tikunia as soon as the information about the Deputy CM's visit to Tikunia was received. When the convoy of Deputy CM and Union Minister of State Ajay Mishra passed, the farmers started showing them black flags.
- It is not clear whether the Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni’s son Ashish was driving the car.
- It is alleged that Ashish, son of Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni, drove the car on the farmers showing black flags. Two farmers died in this. After this, four more farmers lost their lives when the car overturned. In this way, 6 farmers lost their lives in the accident. However, the administration has so far confirmed only four deaths.
- Angry farmers attacked Ashish's car due to the accident. Somehow Ashish escaped through the sugarcane field, while his driver was thrashed to death by the mob.
- a mob furious over the death of farmers torched three vehicles on the spot. There are also reports of stone pelting at the police.
- Seeing the growing ruckus, the force of several police stations was deployed on the spot. Many police and administrative officers including IG, ADG arrived. The CM has ordered an inquiry into the incident.