Fact check: Total 18 America school attack Since January, 2018
Viral Message: 18 School Shootings since January 1st, 2018. That averages about 3 per week so far, THIS YEAR. Something must be done, because we shouldn’t be have to live in fear like this.
eMessage on – Social media and internet
Fact Check by Ayupp– Almost True
Viral message example-
18 School Shootings since January 1st, 2018. That averages about 3 per week so far, THIS YEAR. Something must be done, because we shouldn’t be have to live in fear like this.
18 School Shootings since January 1st, 2018. That averages about 3 per week so far, THIS YEAR. Something must be done, because we shouldn’t be have to live in fear like this. pic.twitter.com/1uTxLwXJbV— bkayy (@brooklynn_kayy) February 15, 2018
Viral Message Verification:- The news about the number of attacks in Amrican schools since January have come up, there has been more than 18 School Shootings since January 1st, 2018.
Well the number can be said to be true but it is not related to shooting in all the case.
We did a cross check and tried to find out the list of all the incidents happened around the American schools, from firearms and bullying, since the start of January 1st, 2018. We are showing all the news information that came in the media.
- The new year 2018, started with “Shots fired, bullet into building at high school in Burien area” on 4 January 2018:
Shots were fired and a bullet entered a building at New Start High School near Burien Thursday afternoon.
King County Sheriff's Office officials said no one was hit or injured. Officials said a round was fired from outside of the school around 1:15 p.m. into the main administrative office. The office was occupied at the time.
- Next incident happened on 10 January at Greyson College, Denison, Texas when A student fired a weapon belonging to an adviser, believing it wasn’t loaded. No injuries were reported.
Bullet fired through classroom at Grayson College, It happened at the Grayson College Criminal Justice Center on Jan. 10.
Vice President of Business Services Giles Brown said a criminal justice club advisor was showing two students how to use a computerized firearms simulator before the incident occurred.
He said the instructor took his live weapon and put it in a box so it would not be confused with the training weapon.
- Than an incident happened on 10 January at California State University, San Bernardino, California – Bullet hits building on Cal State San Bernardino campus; no shooter found.
Authorities say a gun was fired and a bullet hit a building on a Southern California college campus, but there were no reports of any injuries.
Officials at California State University, San Bernardino said the gunfire was reported at about 6 p.m. Wednesday local time.
And this: https://t.co/0TMPJqC1vc (no injuries, shooter never found)— 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐢𝐜 (@AGoodStoic) February 16, 2018
- Then a incident happened on 20 January at Wake Forest University, WINSTON-SALEM STATE UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL PLAYER DIES AFTER BEING SHOT AT EVENT AT WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY.
A Winston-Salem State University football player died after being shot at an event at Wake Forest University early Saturday morning.
- News was published on Jan 23rd, titled “Texas teen charged with assault in Italy High School shooting”.
A 15-year-old girl who was wounded in the Italy High School shooting is "in good spirits," and the 16-year-old boy suspected of opening fire in the cafeteria has been charged as a juvenile with aggravated assault, officials said Tuesday.
Texas teen charged with assault in Italy High School shooting https://t.co/ajb44RhGxu— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 23, 2018
- News published on nola.com states that “Shots fired outside The NET Charter High School, 1 student has abrasion injury: NOPD”. The incident happened on 22 January, shooting outside of a Gentilly high school. It left a 14 year-old boy injured with a "superficial" abrasion wound.
Police said someone in a dark pickup truck drove by The NET Charter High School, in the 6600 block of Franklin Avenue, and fired while a group of students were in front of the school, in the parking lot.
https://t.co/YlobVpeAIk (no gun injuries)— 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐢𝐜 (@AGoodStoic) February 16, 2018
- Another incident happened on 23 January: published with a title “Kentucky school shooting: Two dead after attack at Marshall County High School”.
The news said “Two students were killed Tuesday and 18 other people were wounded when a 15-year-old boy armed with a handgun opened fire inside a Kentucky high school, authorities said.”
As a #Kentuckian, it is so hard to read and watch videos about the recent school shooting in #MarshallCounty #harshergunlaws #moreprecautions #MarshallStrong— Megan Young (@MeganYoung88) February 2, 2018
Kentucky school shooting: Two dead after attack at Marshall County High School https://t.co/hM1l4yQgSt via @nbcnews
- Next incident happened on 25 January, at Murphy High when shots were fired at Mobile's Murphy High School, according to Mobile police. A student fired a handgun into the air during a fight with another student. No injuries were reported.
According to officials, the Neal was involved in an altercation with another 16-year-old male. At approximately 11:20 a.m., Neal pointed the gun at the other student and administrators before running outside and firing the rounds of bullets into the air, police officials say.
- Another incident happened on 26 January at Dearborn High School, Dearborn, Michigan – Shots were fired during a fight in the school parking lot. No injuries were reported.
Someone fired shots from a car Friday night in the Dearborn High School parking lot during a basketball game, but nobody was injured, according to the school district.
https://t.co/l27NvgJEIQ (no injuries)— 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐢𝐜 (@AGoodStoic) February 16, 2018
- Another incident happened on 31 January at Lincoln High School, Philadelphia – A man has died following a shooting outside a Philadelphia high school. A fight during a basketball game resulted in the shooting death of a 32-year-old man outside the school.
13: Lincoln, High School, Philadelphia, PA – Fight between two adults just so happened to take place in HS parking lot, man dies as a result of wounds sustained by gunshots. Pennsylvania has some of the strictest gun control laws in America. (https://t.co/r8rSWKx9ZH)— Will Riley (@WilloRiley) February 14, 2018
- Another incident happened on 1 February at Salvador B. Castro Middle School, Los Angeles – Shooting at an L.A. Middle School That Injured Four Children Was an Accident, Police Say.
A semi-automatic rifle brought to school by a 12-year-old student accidentally went off. Four students were injured.
Shooting at an L.A. Middle School That Injured Four Children Was an Accident, Police Say - TIME https://t.co/BnvTuRFJah— Deenie (@deenie7940) February 2, 2018
- Another incident happened on 5 February at Oxon Hill High School, Oxon Hill, Maryland – A student was shot in the school parking lot during an attempted robbery, 2 teens charged with attempted murder in shooting of Oxon Hill High student.
Two teens have been charged with attempted murder in the shooting of an Oxon Hill High School student Monday afternoon.
Prince George’s County police said 17-year-old Zanaya Bryant and 18-year-old Anthony Hollingsworth, both of Clinton, Maryland, are being charged as adults in the shooting.
The victim is a 17-year-old 11th-grade student at the school.
February 5th: a 17 and 18-year-old, shot (in an attempted robbery) a junior at Oxon Hill High School. Both were arrested and the student, which was taken to the hospital, has recovered. It took place in a parking lot, after school hours.https://t.co/vGQv1JRiIn (17/)— Cesar Ruiz de C. (@crdec123) February 16, 2018
- Another incident happened on 5 February at Harmony Learning Center, Maplewood, Minnesota – Third-grader pulls trigger on Maplewood cop’s gun, firing a shot.
Nobody was injured Monday afternoon when a student at the Harmony Learning Center fired a school liaison officer’s gun, Maplewood police say.
The officer was sitting on a bench talking with some students about 1:45 p.m., when a third-grader pressed the trigger of the officer’s holstered weapon, according to a news release issued by the Maplewood Police Department.
A three year old who pulled the trigger on a police officers gun in school . https://t.co/bV4mKrqmiS— Nicole Zeckner (@PurelyNicole) February 17, 2018
- Another incident happened on 8 February at Metropolitan High School, New York, NY – A student fired a gun into the floor of a classroom.
It happened Metropolitan High School in the Longwood section around 3 p.m.
Police responded to the call at 3:20 p.m. They found a bullet hole in the floor of a classroom inside the school.
A 17-year-old is in custody, officials said. He is being questioned at the 41st Precinct.
17. Metropolitan High School, New York, NY – 17 year old discharges firearm into floor in school for no apparent reason. New York is right up there with CA for stingiest gun control laws. No injuries. (https://t.co/OvdD53E8W7)— Will Riley (@WilloRiley) February 14, 2018
- Another incident happened on 14 February at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida – A 19-year-old former student opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle, killing 17 and injuring 14.
- Another incident happened on 10 January at Coronado Elementary School, Sierra Vista, Arizona – A middle school student shot himself in the bathroom of the school and was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the Cochise County Sheriff’s, the 14-year-old was found dead at the school Tuesday from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Corranoda Elementary. Self inflicted. https://t.co/YZJgckP0QJ— He Man (@Iamawesome169) February 16, 2018
- Another incident happened on 15 January at Wiley College, Marshall, Texas – Gunshots fired from a vehicle in the parking lot of a college dorm entered through a window, but did not injure residents.
Police said two people in a black sedan appeared to have exchanged gunfire with a person in the dorm's parking lot before speeding off and hitting a retaining wall in the parking lot.
https://t.co/Cq07hwdKPJ (no injuries)— 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐢𝐜 (@AGoodStoic) February 16, 2018
- Last in the incident is that of Florida school shooting on 14th Feb: What we know about Nikolas Cruz, attack at Parkland high school
At least 17 people were killed and 14 were injured and taken to local hospitals, officials said.
A sheriff said the bodies of 12 of the dead, including a beloved coach and security guard, Aaron Feis, who stepped in front of one spray of bullets to protect his students, were found inside the building.
Florida school shooting: What we know about Nikolas Cruz, attack at Parkland high school - USA TODAY https://t.co/k7z3496kht— Esak Eec (@Kase_Cee09) February 18, 2018
We agree with the sense or the message the person we tweeted this message wanted to convey.