Viral Message: Volcanoes Main Cause Of Global Warming and NOT Man-made Carbon Emissions - NEW Study
eMessage on – Social media and internet
Fact Check by Ayupp– Fake
Viral Message Example –
Volcanoes Main Cause Of Global Warming and NOT Man-made Carbon Emissions - NEW Study
Climate scientists have discovered that the main cause of global warming is actually volcanoes and not man-made carbon emissions as previously thought.
A new study by the University of Alabama-Huntsville found that studies used by other scientists to justify the man-made global warming theory made a glaring oversight: Their data completely ignored volcanoes.
Conservativetribune.com reports: According to The Daily Caller, when scientists John Christy and Richard McNider re-calibrated satellite temperature data to remove the effects of naturally occurring volcanic eruptions, they found something stunning: The rate of global warming has been nearly unchanged in the last 30 years.
“We indicated 23 years ago — in our 1994 Nature article — that climate models had the atmosphere’s sensitivity to CO2 much too high,” Christy said in a statement. “This recent paper bolsters that conclusion.”
Volcanoes can dramatically influence the earth’s climate, but sometimes in ways you might not expect. We often imagine volcanoes as sources of heat, but when they erupt, the ash they spew can also act as an atmospheric layer that actually helps keep the earth cool.
“Two major volcanoes — El Chichon in 1982 and Pinatubo in 1991 — caused global average temperature to dip as a result of volcanic ash, soot and debris reflecting sunlight back into space,” The Daily Caller noted.
Think of the volcanic ash as a windshield sun reflector that protects a car on a hot day. Particles thrown into the sky by large volcanoes shield the earth from the sun’s rays, and the earth stays cooler as a result.
The University of Alabama scientists believe that this is essentially what happened 30 years ago. Because those two significant 1982 and 1991 volcanoes occurred right around the time a major global warming study began, the eruptions skewed the data and made the result look more dramatic than it truly was.
“Those eruptions happened relatively early in our study period, which pushed down temperatures in the first part of the dataset, which caused the overall record to show an exaggerated warming trend,” Christy said.
“While volcanic eruptions are natural events, it was the timing of these that had such a noticeable effect on the trend
“If the same eruptions had happened near the more recent end of the dataset, they could have pushed the overall trend into negative numbers, or a long-term cooling,” he said.
That means that current climate models that predict dramatic global warming are most likely wrong, or at least highly exaggerated. They include temperature spikes that appear higher than they truly are because volcanic eruptions created a false baseline.
As soon as those errors are removed, the global warming rate is suddenly very steady over the last three decades and does not seem to be dramatically climbing. Of course, that doesn’t help push massive economic takeovers or pad Al Gore’s pockets the same way as alarmist panic.
Perhaps the real takeaway of this recent study is that science is constantly changing and being revised.
If the experts didn’t realize that volcanoes were affecting conclusions for 30 years, what other “settled science” is actually based on false conclusions?
In truth, science is never settled. Scientific facts are not a democracy, and a false “consensus” doesn’t actually impact reality any more than hundreds of scientists claiming the sun orbits the earth would somehow make it true.
Good scientists are always questioning and revising. When a group seems openly hostile to questions and angrily bitter against skeptics, the odds are they are on the wrong side of reality.
Viral Message Verification- The article was published by number of sites which often produce satire and fictions stories. It has been published in sites like http://www.collective-evolution.com, yournewswire.com and several other websites which has been famous for publishing news with fabricated information. We did a fact check analysis to determine if volcanos are really the major cause of global warming, our first research lead us to the fact that it is wrong information published in the sites.
As per Nasa,
- Most climate scientists have agreed to the main cause of the current global warming trend is human expansion of the "greenhouse effect" — warming that results when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space.
Gases that contribute to the greenhouse effect include:
- Water vapor. The most abundant greenhouse gas, but importantly, it acts as a feedback to the climate. Water vapor increases as the Earth's atmosphere warms, but so does the possibility of clouds and precipitation, making these some of the most important feedback mechanisms to the greenhouse effect.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2). A minor but very important component of the atmosphere, carbon dioxide is released through natural processes such as respiration and volcano eruptions and through human activities such as deforestation, land use changes, and burning fossil fuels. Humans have increased atmospheric CO2 concentration by more than a third since the Industrial Revolution began. This is the most important long-lived "forcing" of climate change. So as per Nasa analytics it is clear that Volcano eruption leads to minot increase in temperature.
- Methane. A hydrocarbon gas produced both through natural sources and human activities, including the decomposition of wastes in landfills, agriculture, and especially rice cultivation, as well as ruminant digestion and manure management associated with domestic livestock. On a molecule-for-molecule basis, methane is a far more active greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, but also one which is much less abundant in the atmosphere.
- Nitrous oxide. A powerful greenhouse gas produced by soil cultivation practices, especially the use of commercial and organic fertilizers, fossil fuel combustion, nitric acid production, and biomass burning.
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). Synthetic compounds entirely of industrial origin used in a number of applications, but now largely regulated in production and release to the atmosphere by international agreement for their ability to contribute to destruction of the ozone layer. They are also greenhouse gases.
On Earth, human activities are changing the natural greenhouse. Over the last century the burning of fossil fuels like coal and oil has increased the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2).
The consequences of changing the natural atmospheric greenhouse are difficult to predict, but certain effects seem likely:
- On average, Earth will become warmer. Some regions may welcome warmer temperatures, but others may not.
- Warmer conditions will probably lead to more evaporation and precipitation overall, but individual regions will vary, some becoming wetter and others dryer.
- Meanwhile, some crops and other plants may respond favorably to increased atmospheric CO2, growing more vigorously and using water more efficiently. At the same time, higher temperatures and shifting climate patterns may change the areas where crops grow best and affect the makeup of natural plant communities.
Source: climate nasa cause
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake news promoted by Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir against India is shameful
- Did Rahul Gandhi go blank when asked about his experience at Kailash Mansarovar?
- SreeShanth is Using Mobile Phone in Biggboss House ?
- Did Modi Govt Chose Ambani For Rafale Deal, Prez Hollande
Note: If you like our work, don't forget to share and like ayupp.com on facebook, twitter.