Non registered business/ restaurants not allowed to charge GST: Fact Check
As claimed in the viral message, Non registered businesses not allowed to charge GST and still this restaurants collecting 18% GST. They are charging this wrong GST since last few days. TOTALLY AGAINST THE LAW.
eMessage on – Social media and internet
Fact Check by Ayupp– True
Viral Message Example
Non registered businesses not allowed to charge GST and still this restaurants collecting 18% GST. He agreed to repay tax amount after he knows I m CA. They are charging this wrong GST since last few days. TOTALLY AGAINST THE LAW.
1) How to identify register or unregister dealer?
Register dealer should print GST number on their bill.
2) How to identify if they printed Fake GST number?
You can verify GST number in this link:
3) What are the GST rates to restaurants?
- For non-AC/non-alcohol serving hotels, it is 12%
- For AC/alcohol-serving hotels, it is 18%
4) Is 'Service Charge' mandatory in restaurants?
- As per govt. guidelines, You can refuse to pay the 'service charge' that restaurants put on your bill if you are unhappy with the service.
- It is totally voluntary and not mandatory.
- If a restaurant insists on customers paying the service charge, you can file a complaint in consumer court
5) In case of GST Fraud, where should we file complaint?
a) Register your complaint on http://consumerhelpline.gov.in/ ; or
b) Call 1800114000 or 14404 or SMS on 8130009809
c) Email - firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
d) GST portal – firstname.lastname@example.org , 0120-4888999, 011-23370115
e) Twitter handles- @jagograhakjago @consaff @askGST_Goi , @FinMinIndia
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Viral Message Verification – The viral message over the social media claiming the fact that who can charge GTS is really useful and helpful to many persons across India.
The message verified is correct.
Section – 32 : Prohibition of unauthorized collection of tax
32. (1) A person who is not a registered person shall not collect in respect of any supply of goods or services or both any amount by way of tax under this Act.
(2) No registered person shall collect tax except in accordance with the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder.
The message is shared by Jagdish Lade on the social media. His message is being liked by 35k people.
As per Jagdish Lade, A CA by profession as claimed in the message, He says many business houses like restaurant are collecting 18% GST though they are not registered under the GST.
He also gives the information in the Service Charge, is it mandatory in hotels and lots of other question are shared in short and helpful way on the social media.