New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals pace spearhead S Sreesanth and two other players - Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila - been arrested by the Delhi Police and charged with spot-fixing in the ongoing T20 tournament.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) ordered suspension of the three till further inquiry. The three would be produced before a court in Delhi.
Special cell of the Delhi police arrested Sreesanth from his friend's place in Mumbai while the other two cricketers were arrested last night from the team hotel at Nariman Point.
The BCCI secretary, Sanjay Jagdale, said in a statement.
"The BCCI has zero tolerance to corruption. We will offer all cooperation to the Delhi police and all other authorities in their investigations in this matter."
Menwhile Sreesanth's father blamed India captain MS Dhoni and offspinner Harbhajan Singh behind his son's arrest. "They are trying to ruin my son. From the beginning he and Dhoni have been close and knew many intimate details. Dhoni is trying to take revenge against him for this. My son has played well for India. They are trying to end his career," his father said, without explicitly saying what it had to do with this case. "Dhoni had threatened him that he would never be taken back in the Test side," he added.
Sreesanth's, contraverscial career.
- Sreesanth’s jig after hitting Andre Nel for a six over long-off.
- The IPL‘s inaugural season saw Harbhajan Singh slap Sreesanth after a Kings XI Punjab v Mumbai Indians match.
- He had recently sparked off a controversy by taking to a social networking website to express his frustations at the 'slapgate' controversy involving himself and Harbhajan Singh.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake news check: Mullaperiyar Dam In Kerala About To Break
- Hundreds of rescue teams aided by more than 90 aircraft and 500 motorboats
- CBDT issues Circular on amendment of Tax Audit Report
- PM visits Kerala, reviews relief and rescue operations
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)