Usain Bolt loses one Olympic gold medals as Nesta Carter caught doping
Jamaican sprint legend Usain Bolt will have to let go with one of his medals which he got in the Olympic games, one of his nine Olympic gold medals as his teammate Nesta Carter was tested positive for a banned substance on Wednesday. Nesta Carter was part of the Jamaican quartet that won the 4x100m in Beijing in 2008.
Often Usain Bolt is also known as the title of ‘triple-triple’ Olympic champion. But this is surely bad news for him and his country. Bolt have won all the three gold medals (100m, 200m, 4x100m) in the 2008, 2012, 2016 Olympics.
The news first came last summer when 31-years-old Carter name first came out and was found when Nesta Carter was caught out in the reanalysis of urine and blood samples from the Beijing Games. Carter was found with methylhexaneamine, one of 454 doping samples prohibited by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) last year.
Full Text of the Olympic letter to Nesta Carter as given in olympic.org
- The Athlete, Nesta CARTER:
- is found to have committed an anti-doping rule violation pursuant to the IOC Anti-Doping Rules applicable to the Games of the XXIX Olympiad in Beijing in 2008,
- is disqualified from the men’s 4x100m relay event in which he participated upon the occasion of the Olympic Games Beijing 2008,
- has the medal, the medallist pin and the diploma obtained in the men’s 4x100m relay event withdrawn and is ordered to return same.
- The Jamaican team is disqualified from the men’s 4x100m relay event. The corresponding medals, medallist pins and diplomas are withdrawn and shall be returned.
- The IAAF is requested to modify the results of the above-mentioned event accordingly and to consider any further action within its own competence.
- The Jamaica Olympic Association shall ensure full implementation of this decision.
- The Jamaica Olympic Association shall notably secure the return to the IOC, as soon as possible, of the medals, the medallist pins and the diplomas awarded in connection with the men’s 4x100m relay event to the Athlete and his teammates.
- This decision enters into force immediately.