Jio’s Happy New Year Offer with free upgrade to existing users, free data offers
Mumbai, Mukesh Ambani: The RIL Chairman, Mukesh Ambani today announced Jio;s new Happy new Year offer to all the new and existing customers. The new offer was offered to the public on the eve of the reliance founder Dhirubhai Ambani’s 83 birthday anniversary celebration.
There was a huge success of the reliance JIO welcomes offer, it has welcomed more then 50 milion customers to the JIO service.
Here was a list of offers made on this occasion and the main talk of the event. Thirty points from the todays JIO happy New Year Offers.
- In the first three months, JIO has crossed 50 million users.
2. It has grown faster than Facebook, Whatsapp and Skype, making it the fastest growing tech firm.
3. On average Jio customers use 25 times more data than average broadband customers.
4. The data usage of Jio users is at par with users from developed countries.
5. The free data welcome offer was launched to address issues. We’ve received plenty of feedback and have been working hard on implementing it.
6. Jio has successfully rolled out eKYC (know your customer) across 2 lakh outlets in India, which is the same as number of ATMs in India.
7. We are in the process of doubling the figure by March 2017.
8. Customers have shown us love, but we have not received the required support from existing operators.
9. In the last 3 months, nearly 900 crore voice calls from Jio to the networks of our three largest competitors were blocked.
10. The call block rate has come down from 90% to 20%, as of yesterday.
11. Jio has been a tireless champion for Indian customers and their right to free voice services. We are committed to keeping all domestic voice calls free forever.
12. Jio now fully supports mobile number portability, implying that customers can retain their existing number when they switch to Jio.
13. The Aadhaar-based eKYC has allowed us to sign up six lakh customers everyday for the last 3 months.
14. We have recently launched home delivery of Jio SIMs. Get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC
15. This facility is being launched across India through MyJio and will be available in top 100 cities by 31 December 2016.
16. Jio is not only delivering 4 times more data than all other Indian telecom operators combined but also much faster throughputs than any other mobile network in India.
17. Starting 4 December 2016, every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications absolutely free till 31 March 2017, as a part of the “Jio Happy New Year Offer”
18. All existing Jio customers will get extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer till 31 March 2017 on current SIM cards.
19. 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB of data daily, which is 30 times the average usage on other networks.
20. We have fine-tuned our fair usage policy to ensure all users get fair share of network capacity under ‘Happy New Year’ offer.
21. During this time, Jio users will also be able to test-drive digital recharge, billing experience, using Jio Money wallet.
22. I would like to congratulate Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s bold and historic decision to demonetize old currency.
23. By taking this step, PM Modi has given the strongest push to growth of digitally-enabled, optimal-cash economy in India.
24. Digitally-enabling transactions will boost economic growth, while bringing unprecedented transparency and accountability.
25. Today, thanks to services like Jio Money, every Indian has the ability to have a Digital ATM in their pocket.
26. One of the key drivers for adoption of Digital Money and the cashless way of living is people’s ability to convert physical cash into digital cash and vice-versa.
27. To make this possible, Jio Money is expanding its reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed.
28. Jio is working to empower Indian merchants by building a digital retail ecosystem, which we are calling Jio Money Merchant Solutions.
29. This will enable digital transactions of all types across mandis, small shops, restaurants, railway ticket counters, and mass transit and even for person-to-person money transfers.
30. We are working to decongest these 8 per cent towers, so that impacted customers go back to experiencing true-4G speeds