New Delhi, August 7: In a bid to reduce very high numbers of fake numbers of Permanent Account Numbers or PAN numbers, the central government deactivated over 11 lakhs PANs which violated the rules.
The Minister of State for Finance Santosh Kumar Gangwar told in Rajya Sabha that 11 lakhs PANs have been identified and deleted or deactivated till July 27.
As per the government's rules and regulations, no person is allowed to have more than one PAN. A penalty of Rs 10,000 is also liable to be imposed under section 272B of the Income-tax Act, 1961 if the rule is violated.
Let us see how you can validate your PAN number to check if is still active
- Click on the incometaxindiaefiling
- In the form provided in the page enter the other necessary details to validate yoor PAN number
- Enter your Name, Status, Gender and other details.
- The Page Result will show PAN and jurisdiction officer’s address and the current status of you PAN, to show if it is active or Inactive.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake Video Viral: Asifa 8yr Old Girl Raped And Murdered In Kathua
- Was Suge Knight Found Dead in Jail Cell, Stabbed Several Times
- Fact Check: Did FBI RAID AT NSA EMPLOYEE’S HOME REVEALS OVER 4,000,000
- No E-Cigarettes don’t have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients Than Regular Cigarettes
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)