New Delhi: The Ministry of Tourism compiles monthly estimates of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) & FTAs on e- Tourist Visa on the basis of Nationality-wise, Port-wise data received from Bureau of Immigration (BOI).
The following are the important highlights regarding FTAs & also FTAs on e-Tourist Visa from tourism during the month of May, 2017.
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs):
- The number of FTAs in May, 2017 were 6.30 lakh as compared to FTAs of 5.27 lakh in May, 2016 and 5.09 lakh in May, 2015.
- The growth rate in FTAs in May, 2017 over May, 2016 is 19.5% compared to 3.5% in May, 2016 over May, 2015.
- FTAs during the period January- May 2017 were 42.15 lakh with a growth of 16.4%, as compared to the FTAs of 36.22 lakh with a growth of 8.7% in January- May 2016 over January- May 2015.
- The percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during May 2017 among the top 15 source countries was highest from Bangladesh (29.73%) followed by USA (14.37%), UK (6.76%), Malaysia (3.64%), China (2.91%), Sri Lanka (2.68%), Japan(2.38%), Germany (2.34%), Canada (2.33%), Australia (2.26%), Singapore (1.99%), France (1.77%), Afghanistan (1.76%), Nepal (1.73%) and Republic of Korea (1.52%).
- The percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during May 2017 among the top 15 ports was highest at Delhi Airport (24.17%) followed by Haridaspur Land check post (17.06%), Mumbai Airport (15.04%),Chennai Airport (7.75%), Bengaluru Airport (6.50%), Kolkata Airport (5.29%), Gede Rail Land check post (3.62%), Hyderabad Airport (3.33%),Cochin Airport (3.25%), Ghojadanga land check post (2.14%), Tiruchirapalli Airport (1.76%), Ahmadabad Airport (1.61%), Trivandrum Airport (1.36%), Goa Airport (0.78%),and Attari-Wagh Airport (0.77%).
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) on e-Tourist Visa
- During the month of May, 2017 total of 0.68 lakh tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 0.44 lakh during the month of May 2016 registering a growth of 55.3%.
- During January- May 2017, a total of 6.50 lakh tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 4.35 lakh during January-May 2016, registering a growth of 49.4%.
- The percentage shares of top 15 source countries availing e- Tourist Visa facilities during May, 2017 were as follows:
USA (15.1%), UK (13.1%), China (8.4%), Germany (4.3%), Australia (4.1%), France (4.0%), Canada (3.9%), Korea (Rep.of) (3.4%), Singapore (2.8%), Malaysia (2.5%), Russian Fed (2.2%), Spain (2.1%), UAE (2.0%), Thailand (1.9%), and South Africa (1.6%).
The percentage shares of top 15 ports in tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa during May, 2017 were as follows:-
New Delhi Airport (45.1%), Mumbai Airport (21.4%), Bengaluru Airport (8.6%), Chennai Airport (7.8%), Kochi Airport (3.6%), Hyderabad Airport (2.8%), Kolkata Airport (2.5%), Dabolim (Goa) Airport (1.9%), Ahmadabad Airport (1.4%), Amritsar Airport (1.2%), Tirchy Airport (1.1%), Trivandrum Airport (1.1%), Jaipur Airport (0.4%), Calicut Airport (0.4%)and Pune Airport(0.3%) .
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Chinese government introduces stranger’s young men, women marriage
- Asos commits mistake 17000 times and calls it limited edition bags
- Successful Test Firing of Brahmos with Indigenous Seeker
- Facebook type on.com and see who's checking your account
Note: Don't forget to share and like ayupp.com on facebook, twitter for latest on viral news updates.
The world is full of fake news, we at ayupp apart from our daily work, take time out to do some fact check verification, so that the news media and social media is clean of fake information, please help us, share this news.