New Delhi: Ministry of Tourism compiles monthly estimates of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) & FTAs on e- Tourist Visa on the basis of Nationality-wise, Port-wise data received from Bureau of Immigration (BOI).
The following are the important highlights regarding FTAs & also FTAs on e-Tourist Visa from tourism during the month of April, 2017.
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs):
- The number of FTAs in April, 2017 were 7.40 lakh as compared to FTAs of 5.99 lakh in April, 2016 and 5.42 lakh in April, 2015.
- The growth rate in FTAs in April, 2017 over April, 2016 is 23.5% compared to 10.7% in April, 2016 over April, 2015.
- FTAs during the period January- April 2017 were 35.85 lakh with a growth of 15.4%, as compared to the FTAs of 31.08 lakh with a growth of 10.1% in January- April 2016 over January- April 2015.
- The percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during April 2017 among the top 15 source countries was highest from Bangladesh (23.07%) followed by USA (10.65%), UK (10.51%), Germany (3.28%), Australia (3.15%), Malaysia (2.98%), China (2.95%), Sri Lanka (2.85%), Russian Fed. (2.78%), Canada (2.43%), France (2.33%), Japan (2.14%), Afghanistan (1.69%), Singapore (1.69%) and Nepal (1.61%).
- The percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during April 2017 among the top 15 ports was highest at Delhi Airport (29.20%) followed by Mumbai Airport (15.48%), Haridaspur Land checkpost (12.88%), Chennai Airport (6.56%), Bengaluru Airport (5.67%), Kolkata Airport (5.01%), Cochin Airport (4.06%), Gede Rail Land checkpost (2.89%), Goa Airport (2.86%), Hyderabad Airport (2.60%), Ghojadanga land checkpost (1.69%), Ahmadabad Airport (1.35%), Trivandrum (1.34%), Tiruchirapalli Airport (1.31%) and Amritsar Airport (1.23%),
Foreign Tourist Arrivals on e-Tourist Visa
- During the month of April, 2017, total of 1.14 lakh tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 0.7 lakh during the month of April 2016 registering a growth of 63.4%.
- During January- April 2017, a total of 5.82 lakh tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 3.91 lakh during January-April 2016, registering a growth of 48.8% .
- The percentage shares of top 15 source countries availing e- Tourist Visa facilities during April, 2017 were as follows:-
UK (21.6%), USA (10.2%), China (6.1%), Russian Fed (6.1%), France (5.1%), Germany (4.7%), Australia (4.0%), Canada (2.9%), Spain (2.7%), South Africa (2.7%), Korea (Rep.of) (2.6%), Thailand (2.3%), Malaysia (1.7%), Netherlands (1.7%) and Singapore (1.6%).
The percentage shares of top 15 ports in tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa during April, 2017 were as follows:
New Delhi Airport (48.6%), Mumbai Airport (20.4%), Dabolim (Goa) Airport (7.2%), Bengaluru Airport (5.4%), Chennai Airport (5.1%), Kochi Airport (3.2%), Kolkata Airport (2.3%), Amritsar Airport (2.0%),Hyderabad Airport (1.9%), Trivandrum Airport (1.3%), Ahmadabad Airport (1.0%), Tirchy Airport (0.6%), Jaipur Airport (0.5%), Calicut Airport (0.1%)and Pune Airport(0.1%) .
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fact check: Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts coupons
- US President Trump's son in India, to launch Trump Towers in Gurugram
- IMITINEF MERCILET, YASHODHA Hematology Cancer Institute India, spam
- Muslim Man buried his wife, infant baby, 8 years old daughter
Note: Don't forget to share and like ayupp.com on facebook, twitter for latest on viral news updates.
The world is full of fake news, we at ayupp apart from our daily work, take time out to do some fact check verification, so that the news media and social media is clean of fake information, please help us, share this news.