New Delhi: The Election Commission of India has decided to launch a Special Drive from 1st June this year for maximization of registration of eligible electors and removing the impurities in the rolls. In tune with the theme of ‘No voters to be left behind’ the ECI has decided to utilise the period of continuous updation for maximisation of enrolment of young electors particularly 18-19 age group by launching a special drive in all States.
During the campaign, which will be completed by 31st July 2017, following activities will be undertaken by election official in all States.
- Submission of Forms shall be available to electors in following modes:-
- Submission of Form 6 at EROs Office
- Sending of Form 6 by Post
- Online Submission of Form 6 at National Voters' Service Portal (NVSP)
- Submission of online Form 6 at Common Service Centers (CSCs)
Following additional services for the purpose shall also be provided during special drive:-
- Door to Door visit of BLOs: BLO shall visit door to door of the households to collect Form 6 from the applicants, particularly 18-19 age group (extendable to 21years of age) from 1st July 2017 and 31st July 2017 (except the Special Campaign Dates).
- Mobile App.: A user can also fill the Form using mobile app "The Voter Services mobile application', available only on the Commission’s website.
- National Call Centre (NCC): The ECI has also provided facility of National Call Centre for extending Citizen Services. At the State level, CEO will provide State Call Centre (SCC) and District Contact Centre (DCC) at district level by upgrading ‘1950’ on the same line of National Contact Centre. A citizen making a call at NCC/SCC/DCC will be informed about procedure of Form submission through the above modes. If a differently abled person making call at any of these centres, expresses his inability to utilize any of the above services, then a visit by BLO concerned will be arranged at his/her address for getting the Form filled and receiving it back from that person for further processing. This service will be provided free of cost.
- Paid Services: CSCs will provide services of making online filling and hard copy Form digitization on payment basis.
- Special Campaign Dates: Special Campaigns will be organized on two dates in the month of July 2017, which will be publicised through media by the Chief Electoral Officer. On these dates, Camps will be held in each polling station where Booth Level Officer will sit with adequate number of Forms 6, to receive Forms from the applicants. On the day of camp, entire final electoral roll, 2017 along with its supplements, if any, shall be pasted on the wall of the polling stations. The roll shall also be read out publically by the BLO on that date. The left out eligible citizens will fill Forms 6 and give the same to the BLO at the polling station itself, or submit through any other available means during the Special Drive. Special camps will also be conducted in all Government and Private Educational Institutions (colleges and Schools)/Vocational Training Institutes on at least any two different days between 1st July 2017 and 31st July 2017.
- Removal of names of dead electors: During the Special Drive, removal of names of dead electors will also be taken up. For identification of such dead electors, data on registered deaths shall be collected from the Registrar of Deaths and all registered death entries should be removed during the Special Drive.
- Disposal of Forms: Disposal of Forms 6 and Forms 7 (death cases), received during Special Drive will be done by 31st August 2017. However, Forms 7 (other than death cases), Form 8 and 8A received during the period will be done only after the Special Drive.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fake news check: Mullaperiyar Dam In Kerala About To Break
- Hundreds of rescue teams aided by more than 90 aircraft and 500 motorboats
- CBDT issues Circular on amendment of Tax Audit Report
- PM visits Kerala, reviews relief and rescue operations
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)