103 year old lady, Saalumarada Thimmakka (Kannada: ಸಾಲುಮರದ ತಿಮ್ಮಕ್ಕ) who has planted 383 plants, and she was also recognized by PM Modi for her work is hospitalized. Ironically, government has no funds for her treatment. Saalumarada is an Indian environmentalist from Karnataka and she has been recognized for her work in planting 384 Banyan trees along a four kilometre stretch of highway between Hulikal and Kudur. Her work has been honoured with the National Citizen's Award of India. A U.S. environmental organisation based in Los Angeles and Oakland, California called Thimmakka's Resources for Environmental Education is named after her.
It's really sorry state so much projects named and so many things have been budgeted on environment in her name. Simple fact is No Government has kept fund for her health care . Presently his son Umesh Vanasiri is taking care of her has confirmed no help has been received from any government.
The above words were posted by Tree Doctor Vijay Nishant on his facebook page. Check his post on Facebook -
Vijay is a brand ambassador for saving trees. And not only trees he is always present for any noble cause which can protect people. The question being raised here is how can a person who is being awarded so many awards by both central and state government be ignored at this level. List of awards given to her –
- National Citizen Award by Government of India
- Gait Free Brabiency National award
- National Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra Award by Government of India
- Karnataka Rajyothsava Puraskar
- The NADOJA award, Hampi University in
- INDIRA RATNA Puraskar
- Karnataka Rajya Parisara Award
- Women Empowerment Award
- The GREEN MOTHER Award
- PARISARA PRIYADARSHINI Puraskar
- Mother of Tree Award
- Jagajyothi Basavanna Puraskar
- Dr B. R. Ambedkar State Award
- Green India Puraskar
- Sahara India Puraskar
These details are available on the Karnataka government website. We should come forward to save our tree saviour. She has worked relentlessly for us and it is now time for us to join hands and help her. If you want to contribute then please share your details with Vijay Nishant.
As confirmed by Vijay it is confirmed that Saalumarada Thimmakka will be taken care by Government. MP Rajiv Chandrasekhar has assured complete care of medical bill and he will be assisting with seed fund and then we will take the seed fund to generate crowd fund that will help to maintain the expenses for her complete health care and complete life. Check the below post of Vijay.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Prakash Raj post fake images on twitter against PM Modi
- Fake Video Viral: Asifa 8yr Old Girl Raped And Murdered In Kathua
- Was Suge Knight Found Dead in Jail Cell, Stabbed Several Times
- Fact Check: Did FBI RAID AT NSA EMPLOYEE’S HOME REVEALS OVER 4,000,000
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)