The Uri attack has killed our brothers who were guarding our nation in the army base of Jammu and Kashmir who gave their lives for every of the Indians. While 17 soldiers died on Sunday, the army confirmed that one more critically injured soldier succumbed to his injuries today, pushing the death toll to 18.
The armed militants lobbed grenades at their tents and barracks where the soldiers were sleeping. The ensuing fire led to a large number of casualties. 28 injured soldiers had been airlifted to a military hospital on Sunday.
“We salute the sacrifice of 17 soldiers who were martyred in the operation,” the army said in a statement. Lieutenant General DS Hooda, army commander and all ranks of Northern Command also expressed deep condolences to the families of dead.
All across the country, families and states mourned their dead . The fallen soldiers belonged to Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkand, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Here are the names of the soldiers who lost their lives in the attack:
On Sunday, 17 soldiers of the Indian army lost their lives in an attack perpetrated by armed militants at an army base in Uri, Jammu and Kashmir. 28 injured soldiers were airlifted to the army hospital, 4 in critical condition. A soldier injured in the attack died in a Delhi hospital on Monday.
- Havildar Ashok Kumar Singh, of Raktu Tola village, Bhojpur district, Bihar
- Naik SK Vidarthi, of Boknari village, Gaya district, Bihar
- Sepoy Rakesh Singh, of Baddja village, Kaimur district, Bihar
- Sepoy Ganesh Shankar, of Ghoorapalli village, Sant Kabir Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh
- Sepoy Rajesh Kumar Singh, of Jaunpur village, Uttar Pradesh
- Sepoy Harinder Yadav, of Ghazipur village, Ghazipur district, Uttar Pradesh
- Havildar NS Rawat, of Rajawa village, Rajasmand district, Rajasthan
- Sepoy Naiman Kuju, of Gumla village, Chainpur district, Jharkhand
- Sepoy Uike Janrao, of Nandgaon-Khandeshwar village, Amravati district, Maharashtra
- Sepoy Biswajit Ghorai, of Ganga Sagar village, South 24 Parganas district, West Bengal
- Sepoy G Dalai, of Jamuna Balia village, Howarah district, West Bengal
- Subedar Karnail Singh, of Shibu Chak village, Tehsil Bishnah, Jammu district, J-K
- Havildar Ravi Paul, of Samba, Jammu district, J-K
- Sepoy Javra Munda, of Meral village, Khuti district, Jharkhand
- Lance Naik G Shankar, of Jashi village, Satara district, Maharashtra
- Lance Naik RK Yadav, of Balia village, Uttar Pradesh
- Sepoy TS Somnath, of Khadangali village, Nashik district, Maharashtra
- Sepoy K Vikas Janardhan, of Purad village, Yavatmal district, Maharashtra
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Cristiano Ronaldo real life Hero Kerala donate money 77 crores
- Fake news check: Mullaperiyar Dam In Kerala About To Break
- Hundreds of rescue teams aided by more than 90 aircraft and 500 motorboats
- CBDT issues Circular on amendment of Tax Audit Report
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)