New Delhi, Arun Jaitley: Last month on the same day the government announced the demonetisation of the 1000 and 500 Rs and 30 days after the government is wooing the people of India to go cashless, by giving discount on going online.
Last month it was Modi, today it was Arun Jaitly, he said "We need to slowly cut out cash transactions and implement cashless economy, Dealing in cash has economic costs, so the government is promoting payment by credit, debit cards and e-wallets".
Here are ten list why the government wants you to be cashless.
- Passengers purchasing tickets online will also get a 5% discount on accommodation, catering and retiring room at Railway Stations doing cashless transaction.
- Petrol/diesel cheaper for those who pay by digital mode, to get 0.75% discount.
- Insurance cover worth Rs.10 lakhs for those who book Railway tickets through digital mode.
- Two POS machines will be given to villages with 10K population, 1 lakh villages to be selected.
- People paying general insurance premiums will get a 10% discount and 8% discount for life insurance, if the payment is made online.
- People buying monthly seasonal tickets in the Suburban railway networks through digital payment mode, to get 0.75% discount.This is effective from Jan 1st 2017, starting from the Mumbai suburban railways.
- Effective 1 January 2017, 5% discount on paying through digital mode while booking railway ticket in the suburban railway networks through digital payment mode, starting from the Mumbai suburban railways..
- NABARD will give Rupay card to people who have Kisan Credit Card.
- 10% discount on RFID and fastags procured through digital payments at toll plazas across all national highways.
- Last and not the least no service tax will be charged on transactions of up to Rs. 2,000, if a card is used.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- After Allahabad, this historic city will change the name!
- Viral video showing a child's head on a plate, Rajasthan Bhilwara is magic trick
- How Many Houses have been constructed by the BJP govt Over the Years?
- Fact check: Hisamuddin Khan who's father is a rickshaw puller
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)