Ad - Article Continues below
We Indians always get attracted to the foreign brands and give less value to our own Indian brand thinking its cheap quality, but you will be surprised to know that many Indian companies change their name to some French, Italian, or any other foreign name only to get Indian customer. If a foreign name is written on any product, they consider it better, and the demand for the product increase.
Here we will tell you about some such brands whose names are foreign, but in reality, they are desi.
2. Peter England – Peter England is an English name, It is one of the largest menswear brands in India, Peter England is a part of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle, a division of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.
3. Jaguar Cars - Jaguar Cars is a British carmaker that has its headquarters in Coventry, England, and is owned by Tata Motors since 2008.
4. Da Milano - Da Milano may sound Italian but its owned by Sahil Malik. Da Milano, a luxury leather accessories brand started from one store in Delhi, the brand now produces itself of running 60 stores, all spearheaded by Malik.
5. Allen Solly - It's an Indian brand by Madura fashion. Allen Solly was founded in 1744 by William Hollin and Co Ltd. Aditya Birla Group acquired Allen Solly in 2001. In 2002, Allen Solly became the first Indian brand to introduce work fashion for women.
6. Monte Carlo - Monte Carlo Fashions limited was established in 1984 by Oswal Woollen Mills Limited and is owned by parent company Nahar Group based in Ludhiana, Punjab. Mr. Jawahar Lal Oswal is the chairman and managing director of the company.
7. Lakme - Lakmé is an Indian cosmetics brand which is owned by Hindustan Unilever. Having Kareena Kapoor and Ananya Pandey as the ambassador, it ranked number 1 among the cosmetics brands in India.
8. Raymond - Raymond group is an Indian branded fabric and fashion retailer. Gautam Hari Singhania is an Indian industrialist. He is the chairman and managing director of the Raymond Group, the world's largest producer of suiting fabric.
9. Park Avenue - This is another famous brand for its formal wear, the brand is owned by the Raymond Group.
10. Flying Machine - India's first home bred jeans brand, owned by Arvind mills' garments division is an Indian brand.
Thanks to these foreign-sounding products that have grown it selling and attracted millions of Indians.