New Delhi: Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) has developed anti-diabetic drug AYUSH-82 and AYUSH-SG for Rheumetoid Arthritis. Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) has developed 9 drugs out of which 2 are of vegetable origin, 5 are from different strains of Dengue virus and two are of chemical origin. Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS) has developed D-5 choornam for the management of Type II Diabetes. In addition Ministry of AYUSH through its Research Councils has undertaken R&D for development of new AYUSH drugs with details as under:-
- Ayush-QOL RC for improvement of quality of life in cancer patients
- Ayush- Manas for Mental retardation in Children
- C-1 oil for wound healing
- Ayush-Rasayan – A&B for Geriatric Health,
- Ayush – D for Diabetes,
- Ayush – A for Asthma,
- Ayush – PJ – 7 for Dengue
The Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) has conducted multi – centric clinical trials on four new Unani formulations on Vitiligo, Diabetes Mellitus type – II, Essential Hypertension and Infective Hepatitis. Experimental safety of these drugs has already been established
The development of new drugs is a standard procedure which involves standardization of raw drug followed by Drug proving, Clinical Verification and Clinical Trial. This is done in the concerned institutes of the Ministry following the prevalent guidelines, through Intra – Mural and collaborative research modes. The whole process as detailed above takes 7 to 8 years or even more, in the normal course.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shri ShripadYesso Naik in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Fact check: PM Modi sitting next to women inside a aircraft is fake
- Official Congress page sponsoring ads on Facebook in Pakistan to remove Modi!
- Video: Rahul Gandhi mimics PM Modi at a rally in Madhya Pradesh, Morena
- Garden radio ISRO is designed by Studio Moniker in Amsterdam
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)