Rome was not build in a day, neither will digital India. But a effort of making it will never go in vein. One of the another initiative towards this initiative is the DigiLocker, the paperless initiative to make India paperfree, similar to google drive and dropbox.
DigiLocker is a cloud based platform for issuance and verification f documents & certificates digitally. It a key initiative under Digital India, the Indian Government’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents.
Indian citizens who sign up for a DigiLocker account get a dedicated cloud storage space that is linked to their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number. Organizations that are registered with Digital Locker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates (e.g. driving license, Voter ID, School certificates) directly into citizens lockers. Citizens can also upload scanned copies of their legacy documents in their accounts. These legacy documents can be electronically signed using the eSign facility.
- Need to carry the hard copy
- Every time you apply for new bank, government job and lots of other places you need to copy/scan/Courier
- Avoid fake copies
How Does it works? It basically works in two ways
Issued Documents, from gov of India or other important source
- Issued from Original Source (Single Source of Truth),
- Old documents and be uploaded ourself.
- Use esign for self attestation
- Similar to dropbox, google drive.
The following are the key stakeholders in the DigiLocker system:
- Issuer: Entity issuing e-documents to individuals in a standard format and making them electronically available e.g. CBSE, Registrar Office, Income Tax department, etc.
- Requester: Entity requesting secure access to a particular e-document stored within a repository (e.g. University, Passport Office, Regional Transport Office, etc.)
- Resident: An individual who uses the Digital Locker service based on Aadhaar number.
The main technology components of the DigiLocker system are:
- Repository: Collection of e-documents that is exposed via standard APIs for secure, real-time access.
- Access Gateway: Secure online mechanism for requesters to access e-documents from various repositories in real-time using URI (Uniform Resource Indicator).
- DigiLocker Portal: Dedicated cloud based personal storage space, linked to each resident’s Aadhaar for storing e-documents, or URIs of e-documents.
You may also like to read our latest analysed news:
- Garden radio ISRO is designed by Studio Moniker in Amsterdam
- Supreme Court has passed an emergency verdict 10-Year Jail Term For Attack On Christians is fake
- To Target PM Modi on Ganga, Congress uses 2009 photo of Ganga river
- Video: Congress Leader Sanjay Nirupum compares Modi to Mahisasur
Note: If you like being among the first to know about latest news, trending hoaxes, fake news etc, consider giving us a like on facebook or follow us on twitter (@myayupp)